cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Umidigi Smartphones

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I see many positive comments about Umidigi phones on other forums and I've seen a few positive comments and recommendations on here as well.  

Just wondering what model Umidigi have people bought, and from where, and what are your impressions?

17 REPLIES 17

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jimbobs wrote:

Reading these comments and comments on the other threas referenced here, my conclusion is that the Umidigi range of phones are priced well and well built but suffer from connectivity issues.  Camera functionality is OK in good light conditions but poor in low light.  Conclusion: if you want a reliable phone, save your money and buy a budget phone, or older model, from mainstream manufacturers.  If you want to save money and are feeling adventurous, buy an Umidigi. Is that fair?

Exactly.  It all depends on your comfort level in trying new product.

Almost 2 years ago, it was scary when I found out moderator response time was up to 2 days and may be over 1 week if moderators are busy.  During my pre-activation research, there was an Uber driver was taking an unscheduled 1 week off because moderator response time was around 1 week.  But I am happy with my decision to try a new service.

Because the moderator response time, I always prepare my referees about the possibility without phone service for a week.  I know that my refer-a-friend rewards will be safe if my referees are prepared to stay with PM knowing that they may not have phone service for 1 week.

jimbobs

Reading these comments and comments on the other threas referenced here, my conclusion is that the Umidigi range of phones are priced well and well built but suffer from connectivity issues.  Camera functionality is OK in good light conditions but poor in low light.  Conclusion: if you want a reliable phone, save your money and buy a budget phone, or older model, from mainstream manufacturers.  If you want to save money and are feeling adventurous, buy an Umidigi. Is that fair?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have an A5 pro purchased on Amazon and F2 purchased from AliExpress.  Both are exceptional budget phones.  I find the A5 pro to be way too slow and the camera software is broken.  Both phones can be bootloader unlocked easily.  There are third party firmware options.  

@jimbobs  I bought the bf the A5 pro for Xmas and he loved it...til he lost it. Great battery 3 days with heavy use and fast charging. Great for tunes, lots of memory, good camera only drawback it performs poorly in low light conditions (grainy) but that will only bother you if you're a photographer using in conditions most people never do....excellent value . It's like getting a $500 phone for $175 reg on Amazon.ca including tax, screen protector, case and shipping. Lightning sale $130.

If you can get the F2 on sale its well worth the extra cash apparently.....

popping

@kselmak wrote:

@geopublic 

I just checked and they are priced at 280+ now. When is the best time to start fishing? Did you buy it at one of the sales?

Thanks

Last Ali 11.11 sale was under $200 for F2

@kselmak  Yes, I pre-ordered it before it was released.

@geopublic 

I just checked and they are priced at 280+ now. When is the best time to start fishing? Did you buy it at one of the sales?

Thanks

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I think @will13am has one and maybe he can offer some feedback.

Here is a previous thread.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Umidigi-anyone-have-experience-with-t...

popping

@Karnbot13 wrote:

How's the software updates? I see it uses Mediatek chips and they don't tend to be very well supported

Umidigi updated my A5 Pro 3 times OTA since I purchased it last November.

@Karnbot13 wrote:

How's the software updates? I see it uses Mediatek chips and they don't tend to be very well supported

Since I don't have mine yet, I have zero idea about updates, but what I do like about it, is that it comes with stock Android 10, free of the bloatware that you get on most other phones. Will see what it's like, once it gets here......

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@jimbobs  I ordered an A3S, from AliExpress, in China, last week, and haven't received it yet, so other than various reviews I've watched, and read, I can't give you much feedback on it.

The regular price, on Amazon.ca, is $130, but it was on sale(might still be?) for $110 last week, but on AliExpress, with a discount coupon they had on there, it was ~$78, with free shipping.

The A5 Pro seems to be well liked by several people, and its' regular price, on Amazon, is $175, but when on sale, or on AliExpress, it's around $130.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

F2 👍 AliExpress $178 all in. Best bang for your buck!

@gblackma wrote:

My mom has the A3

Ok, now you need to clarify..... when I was asking about this stuff before, and was talking about possibly getting an A3S, you said your Mom had one, and now you've said "A3", so which is it?

In case you're unaware, Umidigi has an A3, A3 Pro, A3S, A3X...... don't THINK there's any other ones using the "A3" moniker.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@jimbobs Yes, as far as I am informed, this phones are quite good for their price/quality and work well with Public.

Karnbot13

popping

@jimbobs wrote:

I see many positive comments about Umidigi phones on other forums and I've seen a few positive comments and recommendations on here as well.  

Just wondering what model Umidigi have people bought, and from where, and what are your impressions?

I purchased my Umidigi A5 pro from amazon.ca during one of the Amazon Prime sale.

I have used since end of November 2019. Some people do not like the camera. I am fine with the camera for the price I paid for my A5 Pro.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

My mom has the A3 and I have the F1. My only complaint is the A3 could have had a better battery. It needs recharging after 2 days. The F1 can go up to 4.  Other than that, the sound quality is great and the phones are well made. No other  complaints here.

Need Help? Let's chat.