cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Umidigi A5 Pro

kodalux
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is the Umidigi A5 Pro compatible with PM in Ontario?  I know they have a check to see if phones are usable but at the end of the check I think it should say either "yes" or "no" to compatibility and not just the data specs. 

16 REPLIES 16

Personally the only disappointment with this phone is the poor quality of the camera's software  when shooting in low light conditions. Otherwise the price of this phone on sale in and around $130 can is a bargain for a mid range phone.

dvallance
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@gjong26 

I didn't dive into spec comparisions with many other phones, but my girl friend has a Samsung Galaxy S10 and it feels very similar from a user perspective. The feel and response are very nice an no jitter/lag (but its brand new so doesn't have any bloat).

We compared picture quality and the Samsung did seem to take pictures with nicer "warmth" to them. ...but pretty dam close in quality from an untrained eye perspective.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have the Umidigi A5 pro.  It is in semi retirement at the moment.  The phone is pretty good value at $131.  Don't expect the best of everything at this price level.  Those wanting something a bit better, check out the Umidigi F2.  If you can get for anything close to the 11.11 pricing (under $200), it is even better value than the A5 pro.   

@gblackma wrote:

@gjong26 , I believe Oracle @ShawnC13 also has a Umidigi A5pro

@gjong26 wrote:

Not bad specs for the price.  @dvallance how does the phone perform?  I thought I was getting a deal with my OnePlus 7 during black Friday.  My son will eventually need a phone so looking around.

I have a OnePlus 7  @will13am had the A5Pro

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

gjong26
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

my bad... lol 

@gjong26 , I believe Oracle @ShawnC13 also has a Umidigi A5pro

@gjong26 wrote:

Not bad specs for the price.  @dvallance how does the phone perform?  I thought I was getting a deal with my OnePlus 7 during black Friday.  My son will eventually need a phone so looking around.

gjong26
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@tehowennathe the Umidigi A3, A3 pro, A5, Fi, X will all work on PM. My mother has the A3, and I have the F1, and for a few bucks more, it's worth it.

@tehowennathe wrote:

I been looking at the phone and reviews of it on Amazon say it works with Telus network. People who use it are saying it will work. Never seen anyone on the Telus network use it but after reviews I'm thinking of trying it.

dvallance
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Agree that the compatible phone tester on the site is not easy to find. 
...and yes the UMIDIGI A5 Pro works fine. I got mine yesturday and I'm in Orillia, Ontario.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kodalux  Yes it works and it supports all PM 3G and LTE bands.

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I been looking at the phone and reviews of it on Amazon say it works with Telus network. People who use it are saying it will work. Never seen anyone on the Telus network use it but after reviews I'm thinking of trying it.

@kodalux wrote:

Thanks for the link...just tried it.   Much easier to use than the check on PM's site.

It is recommended here quite frequently. Gsmarena.com is another but you have to be able to understand the band's to get info from that one.

kodalux

Thanks for the link...just tried it.   Much easier to use than the check on PM's site.

brid0nca
It is compatible, but it does not support all the LTE bands that are supported by Public Mobile. I would not get a phone that was not made for the North American market, because in the past, they have a higher chance of being flakey. Saying that, the newer Chinese phones are better, and I have heard people say good things about the A5

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

I would say your good to go. Although it has a yellow on 4g, it has some bands I recognize. Others are much more versed in this stuff so you can wait for other opinions if you want to be sure.Screenshot_20191010-061331.png

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Did you try willmyphonework.net?

Need Help? Let's chat.