cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming

mccans
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can you Roam in the United States with Public Mobile?

8 REPLIES 8

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @mccans@maximilliennn, and @jacobmthomas,

Great news- We are launching US roaming in November! Check out the full scoop here

maximilliennn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A quick solution is to unlock your phone, if that is possible, and then you can easily use a sim card from virgin usa or another pay as you go company, the rates are much cheaper that way. USA roaming rates in previous cell companies that I worked for were 2-5$ per MB, and the packages were not very good either.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jacobmthomas welcome to the community!  I do agree.  In the meantime, might I suggest a dual-SIM phone?  I got the OnePlus 3 2.5 weeks ago and have had my PM and RM SIMs in the tray ever since.  Looking forward to my first trip south (though nothing concrete planned yet).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jacobmthomas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I hope Public mobile will offer similar plans as roamability.com.. It would have taken away so many inconviences of changing the sim everytime you travel to USA.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

If you are planning to go to the States, I recommend roammobility.com which is a company that caters to Canadians in the States and Mexico.

Cheers.

Casey_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@mccans thank-you for accpeting a solution to your question! It helps other Community Members find their answers as quickly as possible! 🙂

@mccans,  though Public Mobile currently lacks US Roaming, or International Roaming in general, I'm pretty certain that PM will, eventually, as part of the Endgame, resuscitate Roaming from the dead. It all depends on how BADLY ppl want it. PM can only offer what they can afford, but if more ppl do ask, and the demand is HOT, PM may turn those taps back on for ppl like us who may need them for our numerous list of tasks we do everyday. That's the Power of Beta, and the backbone of this Community.

Let's keep the conversation growing

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@mccans,

Sadly, NO.

Public Mobile does not offer ROAMING outside Canada.

Need Help? Let's chat.