cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US ROAMING on $10 plan of 30 days -Phone not allowing to talk even locally

deepakkumar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I purchased US roaming today and now when I am making calls while still in Toronto it says I do not have talk feature and need to change the plan.

I have minutes remaining on the add on's I bought and paid for.

Leaving for USA tonight and needs to get this FIXED Please.

I am on a 10$ plan for 30 days though. Do I need to change it ?

Deepak

10 REPLIES 10

@deepakkumar  Yes it looks like you've bought add-ons which allow you to call internationally while in Canada as suggested by @GinYVR .  You'll need to purchase the US roaming add-on (select which add-on is best suited for your travel, bcause there are 3 options).  Also remember to buy them the day you are leaving because they are only good for 10 days starting from the moment you purchase.

Edit: You posted new info while I was typing this information, so you have the US add-on too, but remember the expiry dates for your travel.  Also enable roaming on your phone and select either AT&T or T-Mobile when you get to the US.

deepakkumar

Hi,

My add on are following :

My Add-ons

200 min US and Canada Long Distance
400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)
500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance
US Roaming - Unlimited Talk (10-day)
US Roaming - Unlimited Text (10-day)

@deepakkumarIt looks like you haven't bought the US roaming package yet. You have bought packages for more minutes for Canadian talk and also International calling.. but it doesn't look like you have the US roaming package. Yes both packages only work in Canada and will not work in the US.

deepakkumar

Current status of my account under $10.00 plan (30 days)::

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)
    145  /  400 MIN
    50 International Outgoing Texts and Unlimited Incoming Texts
    1  /  50 Unit
    500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance
    192  /  500 MIN
    Limited Canada-Wide Talk
    34  /  50 MIN

deepakkumar

Do I still need to change the plan  from existing $10 to other with unlimited talk time ?

So the payments I made earlier for the add on minutes are of no use when I am in USA ?

deepakkumar

Chak Do fatey,

Hi,

What is the status of these minutes under my plan :

Voice Minutes
 NameVoice Limit# of Minutes UsedRemaining MinutesStatus
500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance500192308Active
Limited Canada-Wide Talk503416Active
Text Messages
 NameText Limit# of Texts UsedRemaining Text MessagesStatus
50 International Outgoing Texts and Unlimited Incoming Texts50149Active
Talk Add-ons
 NameTalk Minute Limit*Talk Minutes Used**Talk Minutes LeftStatus
400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)400145255Active

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@deepakkumar wrote:

Hi,

I purchased US roaming today and now when I am making calls while still in Toronto it says I do not have talk feature and need to change the plan.

I have minutes remaining on the add on's I bought and paid for.

Leaving for USA tonight and needs to get this FIXED Please.

I am on a 10$ plan for 30 days though. Do I need to change it ?

Deepak

The $10 Plan only has 50 Canadian minutes of outgoing & incoming calls, so you sure you have minutes left? Log into your self serve account at publicmobile.ca to see if you have used them up or not.

@deepakkumarTry the Hail mary move of Lost /Stolen trick and see if a reset of your plan on the Public Mobile side would make things better.

deepakkumar

Hi,

Thanks.

Renewal date is Sept. 3 and it is pre-pay so all money is paid in advance to Public Mobile.

Deepak

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@deepakkumarWhen is your renewal date? Can you log into your selfserve account and make sure your base plan is active?

Do note if you contact the moderators.. it will probably take them 48 hours + to get back to you. That's the price we all pay for cheaper service.

Please remove your personal identifiable information as this is a public forum, where even people who are not logged in can see.

Need Help? Let's chat.