cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT - phone won't allow me to call (msg says I have to get an addon)

deanmil
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, im unable to call on my phone. 

My account is active (paid), however everytime i try to call a within province number, it prompts the msg saying "You have to get an addon". 

Please help @CS_Agent!

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @r0drunner,

We've responded to your PM. Please check your inbox 🙂

Cheers,

Syed

@r0drunner

You're welcome.  Glad that you can upgrade your plan.  That self service account is finicky.....  

r0drunner
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

it seems that the "Change Plan" site of Public Mobile does not work on Chrome (it doesn't work on a Chromebook). I tried from Chrome on Android and it didn't work either. With Android Firefox it worked, though.

Thanks for your help

r0drunner

Ok, I see. Anyway, I don't find in my usage the total amount of minutes used.

Also, if I want to upgrade to a new plan today  (the next plan renewal date is Sep 22, 2018), I couldn't see how to do it (the "Change plan now" button seems disabled?)

@r0drunner

I have a feeling that you used up your 50 minutes.  You initial account page should be like this page:  If you don't see the limited Canada-Wide Talk line, you likely ran out of minutes...

Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 9.06.16 AM.png

There is the View My Usage tab.  You can press that tab is see your usage...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@r0drunner, The profile province should have no impact on your phone service.  Phone service (if you have a provincial only plan) is based on the area code of your phone number.

@r0drunner

What about incoming calls?  The minutes are counted for both incoming, outgoing calls, Even checking voice mail and call forwarding count as minutes.  

r0drunner

Hi,

It seems to me that I've used less than 10 minutes in my outgoing calls. I've calculated that myself from the usage history. Is there a way to see all the minutes that you've used in total?

I've seen also that, as other user mentioned, my profile had changed to BC. I've set it back to AB but the problem is still ongoing, I cannot complete or receive local calls.

@r0drunner

No problems.  

If you only used 8 minutes (or is it 8 calls - how minutes total?), you should be able to still talk.   If you ran out of minutes, you can either add on 400 minutes of long distance for $15 that never expire and unused minutes roll each month.  

Might be a glitch in the system.  Have you tried re-starting your phone?  

Otherwise, you will need to wait for moderator.  

r0drunner

Hi,

thank you for the prompt reply

I greatly appreciate your help

My plan is currently active

My Plan is $10, I was trying to test during the 1st month to see how Public Mobile works: 
  • This plan includes: -
  • - 50 International Outgoing Texts and Unlimited Incoming Texts
  • - 50 minutes of Canada-wide Talk

I checked my usage and I've completed only 8 outgoing calls. I can't call or receive any calls anymore since Friday. Texts are working fine, though (both incoming/outcoming)

I've sent the moderator a private message.

@r0drunner

Which plan are you on?  When you look at your self service account, is your plan active?  What does your usage say?  Some more details would be helpful to determine whether we can help or you will need to contact moderator.  

You may also want to contact the moderator directly via private messaging.   You will need to wait 1-2 days for moderator response.  

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Or just send a private message through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

r0drunner

Hi, this is not fixed. I'm having the same problem since 2 days. Could you please contact me?

@Mary_M wrote:

Good afternoon everyone, 

I'm just providing updates in regards to the outage. Everything seems to be resolved - if not already done, please power cycle and test your outgoing calls.

Thank you for your patience and your understanding!

Cheers,

Mary

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good afternoon everyone, 

I'm just providing updates in regards to the outage. Everything seems to be resolved - if not already done, please power cycle and test your outgoing calls.

Thank you for your patience and your understanding!

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

amehta

It should be up and running now

JUNA1D5HAH
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

THE ISSUE SEEMS TO BE RESOLVED NOW.

I AM ABLE TO MAKE CALLS FINALLY.

I HAVE CHECKED WITH SOME OTHER USERS AS WELL.

THANK GOD IT WAS NOT FOR TOO LONG.

THANKS FOR EVERYONE'S INPUT AND SUGGESTIONS.

afghanromeo

how to change the region? 

proplayer44

Where do you change the region in the settings.  I've looked all over dont see anything about region, only my address on file which is correct.

stallaep

I had the very same problem this morning (2017-11-06) which you would expect if this was in fact cause by some network wide fault/outage, but while checking my account online, I noticed that somehow, my region had been set to BC (normally it's Ontario).  I changed it to Ontario and minutes later, everything was fine.  I know that I never changed it.  I hadn't logged in in weeks, and the problem only arose this morning.

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @deanmil,

This is a known network wide outage, not just for you. Unfortunately, there is no estimates on when it will be fixed at the moment. Please be patient and let's hope the network gets restored soon.

rltan

Not just you    3 of my lines all the same

Need Help? Let's chat.