is compatible with  Public Mobile or not

I just lost my cellphone and now want to renew

my plan with this phone

Please help

Thanks

39 REPLIES 39

lindalachance
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the blackberry Z10 100-3, it won detect pm sim card.  I tried the sim in another phone and it works, is there something special I have to do to make it accept this sim card?

Yay! Glad to hear it, @ahsan_khan_46! Please be sure to mark your thread as "solved" by accepting a post as a solution.

ahsan_khan_46

To update about my new cell Phone

I received my BB Z-30 and SIM card

Follow my friends instruction

All is working well now

I like to say Thank -U  to all the friends who helped me

Thanks again

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

You're most welcome!

Should you have further questions at any time in the future, just ask, and a responder will be pleased to reply.

Cheers.

ahsan_khan_46

Thanks

srlawren, IWIK and Martin

I will definitely report back a soon as i get both cell   BB Z 30  ST 100- 5 and SIM card

I am sure with all the help I get from u guys,

back in business  will be like WALK IN THE PARK

IWIK
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey,Everything you need to know about your new Z30 and OS 10.3.2

The PDF shown on that page here pretty much explains it all. Including inserting your SIM.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ahsan_khan_46 let us know when you get up and running and what you think of the phone.  What phone are you currently using? 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

In advance, I wish you the best of success.

Cheers.

ahsan_khan_46

Thanks to Martin and  to my other friends

without your help I would be lost

I have placed an order for SIM card

So now whish me well when I get the SIM and Phone

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

In my 11:59 am ET post, I answered your questions. Please review it.

With regard to the ease of inserting the SIM, remove the back cover, and insert the SIM card with the gold contacts facing down. Insert it straight in, and not at an angle. It should be firmly inside the tray, and not loose. Then, reboot your phone. If you have service, turn the power off, and replace the back cover. Reboot again, and enjoy!

@ahsan_khan_46 Order the SIM now. Since you lost your phone be sure to suspend service until it arrives.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ahsan_khan_46

OK Guys I just placed an order for

BlackBerry Z30 STA100-5

should get it  in 2 ~ 7 days

Now please advise me that should I order for SIM card now

or should wait for the Phone

Is it easy to install SIM card in this phone

I want to reactivate my existing suspended No 

Thanks for your advises and help

love community help

@srlawren Good point. My friend has one but only "surfs" when on wifi.

srlawren

@Luddite wrote:

I'm not into Blackberry so have no idea which models are best. However, Orchard does have Bold 9900 for sale. https://publicmobile.getorchard.com/item/Bold-9900/Public%20Mobile/Black/4/8

I don't recommend this unelss you only want to talk and text, as the 9900 is an OS7 device and requires a BIS server for data, which PM does not offer.  PM only supports BlackBerry 10 devices, not older OS5/6/7 etc devices.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I'm not into Blackberry so have no idea which models are best. However, Orchard does have Bold 9900 for sale. https://publicmobile.getorchard.com/item/Bold-9900/Public%20Mobile/Black/4/8

jgalpin580
Z30's battery life is absolutely amazing, I've had it last on standby for 4 days, and a whole day with texting and calling and then some, it will depend on usage of course, I have this phone, and it's pretty sweet!! Much better than the z10 all around!!

jgalpin580
SIM card is FREE, you gotta love that!!

srlawren

I believe either STA100-5 or STA100-1 will work well with full LTE support on PM network so yeah I'd say go for it.

srlawren

Yes, a Z30 is better than a Z10 in pretty much every way if I remember correctly.  I think the only downside is the lack of a removable battery.  But IIRC the battery life is quit good regardless, whereas the Z10 battery life is awful. 

ahsan_khan_46

Guys I am sorry to bother again

I found a good used BlackBerry Z30 STA100-5

on Ebay

Just want to know is it a good idea to buy Z 30 instead of Z-10

thanks again

@Luddite You're not a luddite for that. I don't feel very comfortable browsing the web on my phone or on a tablet, either. And I consider myself to be extremely technolgy savvy.

This is an instance in which all those technology pundits from 5 years ago, proclaiming that the days of laptops were limited, were all terribly wrong. Tablet culture has matured now, and there's still very little way of a tablet replacing an actual laptop.

@srlawren @Martin Wow I am really a luddite; sharing an iphone 5 with my partner otherwise just an ipod. And, unlike those with only phones I need an actual computer when my eyes are tired.

srlawren

@Martin wrote:
Hi @srlawren,

Though your phone has lost its primary purpose, you can still use it to surf the web on Wi-Fi.

This is true, @Martin.  In fact I do use it as sort of an iPod Touch (I have an iPod Touch as well but it's an older one that is definitely underpowered, and stuck on really old iOS 6) and use it for music sometimes but mostly for downloading and listening to Howard Stern shows on demand using the Android SirisXM app.  I used to use the Touch for it, but after a recent update the app got reallllly buggy and basically unusable.  Probably due to the older iOS and lacking RAM and CPU, I'm guessing.  I've also tried using my daily driver Android phone for this purpose (SiriusXM app), but I found whenever I had too many apps running it would get cycled out and back into memory and would lose it's place in the broadcast and start over from the beginning, which basically made it unusable, too.  Having it on the Z10 seems to work well.  It's stable, quick, has bluetooth (stream to car and headphones) and WiFi, basically does everything I need, even without a SIM.  🙂

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

You're quite welcome!

🙂

ahsan_khan_46

Thank u all  the guys for your help and advises

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @srlawren,

Though your phone has lost its primary purpose, you can still use it to surf the web on Wi-Fi.

I have 3 phones, of which only one has a SIM card and phone number. Aside from calling/texting, the 2 non-SIM phones are just as useful as the one with the card.

I hope that your Android works well. The OS of my 3 phones is Android, too.

srlawren

I used to use Skype and WhatsApp on my old Z10 before moving to an Android phone.  Should work fine.

The tri-punch SIM cards are convenient.  For the Z10, you'll need the middle size (Micro SIM).  However, be very carful if you ever need to remove the SIM card from your Z10.  I had mine separate in the SIM slot and the adapter part got stuck.  I managed to wreck a couple of the pins in the port trying to get the adapter piece out and now the phone is useless as a phone.  Just a word of caution.

@ahsan_khan_46 If you like VOIP apps have a look at Fongo; free calling and texting available.

@ahsan_khan_46 Just noticed you mentioned losing your phone. In that situation you should immediately log into your self serve account and suspend service under Lost/Stolen phone. Then go to the PM web site and order a new SIM card; it takes a few days to arrive. Then get your new phone so that you have it when the SIM arrives.

When you get the SIM go back into your account and register the new SIM. If your account is in good standing your plan will reactivate immediately, otherwise pay what is required. Put the new SIM in the your new phone, reboot it, and off you go.

Good luck.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

You can buy the phone and order the tri-punch SIM card at the same time. The SIM card is tri-punch, meaning that it contains all 3 sizes of cards. As I said, it's free.

If your account has been suspended for less than 91 days, log into your self-serve account, and purchase Talk, Text and/or Data. Before doing so, register a credit card in your account because the system will first debit your card and then provide service. (Remember that all of PM is pre-paid.)

If you have more questions, just ask!

Cheers.
Need Help? Let's chat.