Hi,

I need the following unlocked please - IMEI:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please contact me ASAP on this!

edited by computergeek541: information removed

11 REPLIES 11

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Davis-Goertzen wrote:

If this is unacceptable to you, all I can say is, the onus was on you to be aware of this before quitting your previous provider.

Exactly. When I recommend PM to others, I always caution them that support is community and message based only.  Some are immediately put off while others are happy to accept the payoff.

caitknight77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Contact the service provider your phone is locked to. They will unlock your phone free of charge. 

You should also check and make sure your phone is compatible with Public Mobile. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started

corymf

I agree the onus is on me. I realized I don't mind spending a few extra buck for customer support. 

Davis-Goertzen

@corymf wrote:

If it takes 2-3 days for a response from customer servive. "I said this is poor customer service', you said it is silly. Funny thing is, you are my customer service. I still have not had a reply from the moderator. This is silly cusomer service. Maybe not in your mind. 

You seem to be missing something here, so let me lay it out real simple.

Public Mobile offers very affordable plans to us, the consumers. Any sort of business model says that that you have to make more than you spend, so it follows that they have to reduce costs in other areas. This includes such things as not having a customer hotline helpdesk. In terms of the moderator team, they are only human and there is a limited number of them. Give them time and I'm sure they will do their best to help you.

If this is unacceptable to you, all I can say is, the onus was on you to be aware of this before quitting your previous provider.

corymf

If it takes 2-3 days for a response from customer servive. "I said this is poor customer service', you said it is silly. Funny thing is, you are my customer service. I still have not had a reply from the moderator. This is silly cusomer service. Maybe not in your mind. 

jimbobs

@corymf wrote:

It might be the PUK you need to unlock. I'm having the same problems. I contacted Apple and they said to contact Public Mobile. You need the PUK from Public Moblie to unlock phone. I think you need to ask the moderator. (very poor customer service with Public mobile)

Suggesting that PM customer service is "very poor" is a bit silly.  PM is very upfront about how Customer Service is provided and customers should accept and understand that before actually signing up.  

corymf

It might be the PUK you need to unlock. I'm having the same problems. I contacted Apple and they said to contact Public Mobile. You need the PUK from Public Moblie to unlock phone. I think you need to ask the moderator. (very poor customer service with Public mobile)

Master2000

On eBay, you can get an unlock code for 1.32$ca

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@holidaycontrolSince it is an iPhone you need to contact your original provider.. they will unlock it and you will need to be on a wifi network so your phone can contact the Apple activation server to check for the updated status of your phone.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Also if your phone is samsung, you can try their website unlock service.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@holidaycontrol   public mobile does not unlock phone,   if you need a phone unlocked you have to go to your previous carrier!  Also you should click on the 3 little dots and edit you post to remove your imei number from the post because anyone can see it and that's not good

Need Help? Let's chat.