cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UMIDIGI S2 PRO SMARTPHONE

Graeme
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am searching for a midrange smartphone. 

A phone that I am interested in is the UMIDIGI S2 PRO SMARTPHONE. It appears to be compatible with the PM network on GSM frequencies, but not on LTE frequencies. Some reviewer's websites list additional frequencies that are not found on the manufacturer's website, hence my confusion. The vendor's websites all say check with your carrier before purchasing. One video reviewer says the phone will work in both USA and Canada, on most carrier's frequencies. But I am placing this post to verify this phone's compatibility with the PM network in GTA Toronto, Ontario, Canada area.

What kind of cellular network audio quality will I experience with the UMIDIGO S2 PRO?

Are there any PM subscribers who have purchased this phone and are using it on the PM network?

Here are the frequencies from their website:

• GSM 850(B5)/900(B8)/1800(B3)/1900(B2)
    WCDMA :850(B5)/900(B8)/1900(B2)/2100(B1)
    LTE FDD 2100(B1)/1800(B3)/2600(B7)/800(B20)
2 REPLIES 2

@Umidigi wrote:

A more supportive phone from umidigi is the A1 pro has full network support including LTE band 4.

But beware with android 8.1 as you can't edit APN settings and might make it impossible to use mobile internet.

I just read about the locked APN addition thing today.  Apparently, it's not locked by rule but rather by carrier request.

Umidigi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A more supportive phone from umidigi is the A1 pro has full network support including LTE band 4.

But beware with android 8.1 as you can't edit APN settings and might make it impossible to use mobile internet.

Need Help? Let's chat.