cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UMIDIGI A5 Pro OTA update version V1.7_20200715

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

This morning, my A5 Pro notified me about a new OTA update.  2.5 months after the last security update in April.

Changelog:
  • Android Security Patch level updated (The EU version A5 Pro updated 2 weeks ago with the security update to March, 2020.  I assume that this version has the security patch up to March 2020)
  • Minor bug fixes and system improvements

https://community.umidigi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=19511&extra=page%3D1

It is a known fact that UMIDIGI will not update OS to next Android version since their release.  But I am getting more security updates from UMIDIGI on my A5 Pro than other brand name low end phones.  

It may be a placebo effect.  My A5 Pro camera is working better after the last V1.6_20200426 update.  As long as it does not break anything, I will update my A5 Pro.

5 REPLIES 5

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@gpixel wrote:

@CFPartDeux are you and @gblackma @ brothers?

I suppose you're asking because I posted this, "You're talkin' about Mom's phone, right?"..... I guess I should've said, "You're talkin' about your Mom's phone, right? 🤣

You are right @CFPartDeux its the A3. No updates on the A7 Pro from Aliexpress. Its still hasn't been accepted by Canada post. Stay safe 

@gpixel brothers in mischief. 👍😎

@CFPartDeux are you and @gblackma @ brothers?

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@gblackma wrote:

@popping  the A3S also got a security update.

You're talkin' about Mom's phone, right? Could've sworn, when we talked about it before, that you checked it out and Mom's phone WASN'T the A3S, but was a different A3 variant(plain A3, A3X, or A3 Pro)??? 🤔

That, and has your latest Umidigi package received any tracking updates?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@popping  the A3S also got a security update. But the F1 says that its up to date. Stay safe 

Need Help? Let's chat.