cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ULEFONE 6- help on SIM data

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am looking for the access point area in this phone but still have not succeeded yet. 

69 REPLIES 69

@Jb456 wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 

Yes we understand it's an MMS problem. The issue is your phone not allowing you to add the correct APN settings to get your MMS to work. These Ulefones are known to do this. Not just with Public Mobile but if you google search it lots of people have this issue with these Chinese phones.

You are very generalizing here.

Call me lucky if you must or the exception (as always I think you just don't hear from the many many people who don't have problems, though).

But my Armor 6E runs Android 9 (as the initial version installed at the factory, not as a later upgrade of the model*). I unpacked it, put my PM SIM (active for about 3years at the time of phone change) into SIM slot 1 - and connected to the internet within seconds and no setting changes needed.

* The Armor 6 was originally delivered with Android 8.1, for which the lack of APN edit option  is a known problem.

dboxtvinfo715

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

Texting works it's just sending mms the problem, I don't understand why we cannot add or modify .

It's mms problem

@Jb456 wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 

Can you try the below? However may not work and you may have to look into seeing if you can obtain a freedom mobile sim or a Roam sim as suggested on other thread I originally posted.

But try this ..

Steps to Reset Network Settings on Ulefone Armor 6

1. Open Setting
  2. System--Reset Options
  3. Now you need to tap the Reset Network Settings option
  4. You can select the SIM option and Tap the Reset Settings button
  5. This way you can reset network settings on your Ulefone Armor 6

appreciate the help I will🤔 get it eventually🤾⛹️

dboxtvinfo715

@Jb456 wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 

Can you try the below? However may not work and you may have to look into seeing if you can obtain a freedom mobile sim or a Roam sim as suggested on other thread I originally posted.

But try this ..

1. Open Setting
  2. System--Reset Options

have reset phone , still no internet or mms, only text and phone

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

ALSO NO. iNTErnet

Again we are aware. It's an APN ISSUE due to your phone model.

Next option to try to resolve your issue is a Freedom mobile..OR ROAM mobility sim card.

You said Freedom is not an option for you....so how about trying a ROAM sim card?? Looking quickly on their website its $9.95 to order a sim. Seen one on Amazon for $5.

Or another phone that does not have this APN editting issue 

dboxtvinfo715

ALSO NO. iNTErnet

dboxtvinfo715

@Jb456 wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 

Yes we understand it's an MMS problem. The issue is your phone not allowing you to add the correct APN settings to get your MMS to work. These Ulefones are known to do this. Not just with Public Mobile but if you google search it lots of people have this issue with these Chinese phones.

On other link someone posted a solution that worked for them. ( I will list it below)

Do you know anyone that has a Freedom mobile sim card?? If not maybe a mall or store near you? That will allow you to put it in your phone to set the APN settings?

Or buy on online.

Here is the instructions posted on that other thread.

1. Find a SIM that allows for an APN addition (Freedom worked for us; others have mentioned ROAM).

2. For dual SIM phones, insert Freedom SIM into the primary slot and PM SIM in the secondary slot.

3. Go to Network & Internet -> SIM cards -> Select PM SIM for mobile data.

4. Go to Network & Internet -> Mobile network settings -> Access point names -> Add APN 

*This option only becomes available while the Freedom/ROAM SIM is in the phone.

5. Add the APN Setting information

APN:     sp.mb.com

MMSC:     http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMS Proxy:     74.49.0.18

MMS Proxy Post: 80

MMC:     302

MNC:     220

When trying to add an APN by using only the Freedom SIM we ran into problems. When the MNC was updated; the APN, which would save previously, would be lost (not sure why).  Once the PM SIM was selected for data, there was no need to update the MNC as both MMC and MNC were already populated with the correct information.

Best of Luck.

Very clear but freedom Sim is not option I am trying harder.

@dboxtvinfo715 

On other link someone posted a solution that worked for them. ( I will list it below)

Do you know anyone that has a Freedom mobile sim card?? If not maybe a mall or store near you? That will allow you to put it in your phone to set the APN settings?

Or buy on online.

Here is the instructions posted on that other thread.

1. Find a SIM that allows for an APN addition (Freedom worked for us; others have mentioned ROAM).

2. For dual SIM phones, insert Freedom SIM into the primary slot and PM SIM in the secondary slot.

3. Go to Network & Internet -> SIM cards -> Select PM SIM for mobile data.

4. Go to Network & Internet -> Mobile network settings -> Access point names -> Add APN 

*This option only becomes available while the Freedom/ROAM SIM is in the phone.

5. Add the APN Setting information

APN:     sp.mb.com

MMSC:     http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMS Proxy:     74.49.0.18

MMS Proxy Post: 80

MMC:     302

MNC:     220

When trying to add an APN by using only the Freedom SIM we ran into problems. When the MNC was updated; the APN, which would save previously, would be lost (not sure why).  Once the PM SIM was selected for data, there was no need to update the MNC as both MMC and MNC were already populated with the correct information.

Best of Luck.

dboxtvinfo715

but I still cannot modify or add.

Working on it.

Texting worksfine

dboxtvinfo715

Texting works it's just sending mms the problem, I don't understand why we cannot add or modify .

It's mms problem

@Jb456 wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 

But try this ..

1. Open Setting
  2. System--Reset Options

@dboxtvinfo715 

But try this ..

1. Open Setting
  2. System--Reset Options

dboxtvinfo715

found the access point but cannot modify anything or add

@Jb456 wrote:

See this thread.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Ulefone-Armor-6-APN-issue/m-p/377879#...Screenshot_20200116-212209.png

Screenshot_20200116-212157.png

dboxtvinfo715

Cannot add or modifyCannot add or modify

I found the access pointI found the access point

@Jb456 wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715  I see you posted screenshot on other thread. I referred you to that thread specifically to the solution for a poster that had same phone as you.

To find access point it should be. Go to Network & Internet -> Mobile network settings -> Access point names 

However the reason I showed you the other thread is that with this phone brand many have had issues being able to ADD  APN settings for Public Mobile. It offers different solutions to try to resolve the issue.

dboxtvinfo715

Screenshot_20200116-211537.png

Screenshot_20200116-195938.png

Screenshot_20200116-195909.png

dboxtvinfo715

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

so is anyone else using ulefone, I hope so

@GinYVR wrote:

@Benmobillyou can add / override APN if you connect your phone to any computer and use the adb command among many other ways.

No one stores APN on the SIM Cards. What happens is the OS pulls the latest APN from the SIM card's carrier's servers. It is out of Public Mobile's scope of service as it is a bug in Android. In fact if you read the Terms of Service, as a customer we are obligated to make use our devices work and PM has a right to cut off service.

adb, this is new area for me.

generally I never connect to computer . will see

dboxtvinfo715

nice information, I am currently working  but will give you an update after 6 pm 16th jan

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

yes I will

I enjoy chatting and will figure it out

@dboxtvinfo715 

In a previous post you proved that you are able to quote. please, please use it more so that we know what you replying to!

dboxtvinfo715

will go check soon ... gotta work 

dboxtvinfo715

email me!

dboxtvinfo715

yes I will

I enjoy chatting and will figure it out

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

@Benmobillyou can add / override APN if you connect your phone to any computer and use the adb command among many other ways.

No one stores APN on the SIM Cards. What happens is the OS pulls the latest APN from the SIM card's carrier's servers. It is out of Public Mobile's scope of service as it is a bug in Android. In fact if you read the Terms of Service, as a customer we are obligated to make use our devices work and PM has a right to cut off service.

@dboxtvinfo715 

As mentioned before for finding the APN tab:

- On the Armor 6E (running Android 9.0): Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Network > (choose SIM if it's a dual SIM phone) > Advanced > Access Point Names > (sp.mb.com was auto populated for me, just had to choose it)

- running Android 8.1: Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Network > (choose SIM if it's a dual SIM phone) > Access Point Names > for help on changes to the APN follow @Jb456 's link if needed.

dboxtvinfo715

not sure that this is cheap phone, not following this thread I am trying too access sim setting access point. the sim works only  outgoing incoming calls but no text or data

dboxtvinfo715

@GinYVR wrote:

dboxtvinfo715

yes, last resort, I will go KIOSK

dboxtvinfo715

this is armor 6 and I am using only 1 sim but to my surprise I cannot find access point to input proper carrier settings.  

dboxtvinfo715

not an android issue.... I just can't find access point yet. this is android 9

dboxtvinfo715

software issue with ....what phone is Ulefone, fantastic phone but I just need too access access point

dboxtvinfo715

Who said anything about SMS using data ?  We can only add 1 picture at once ? I have added 3 pics but I see only 1

dboxtvinfo715

yeah but I can't see said the blind man !Screenshot_20200115-214516.png

Screenshot_20200115-214502.png

Screenshot_20200115-214440.png

@Jb456 wrote:

See this thread.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Ulefone-Armor-6-APN-issue/m-p/377879#...

dboxtvinfo715

Screenshot_20200115-214502.png

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

for some reason I don't see access point 

My SMS  data does not work.

Need to set up new phone 

Here is what I see on this phoneScreenshot_20200115-214502.png

SMS doesn't use data.

Need Help? Let's chat.