cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble calling Conference Call Line

KH89
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried calling in to the Conference Call Line (712-432-8773) last week but kept getting a Public Mobile message that talk is not included in my current plan. I somehow did get through eventually and stayed on the conference call until I was finished; I called back right after hanging up, I believe, and could not get through again. I tried to get on again today, and I got the same message. I tried with another number and got a "call rejected" message (but not from Public Mobile). So I could easily have concluded it was the number, but 22 other callers successfully called in today on the particular conference call I was trying to join. I could have concluded that it was Canadian numbers, especially when later that day I tried calling again with a US number on Google Voice and successfully got through, but I tried right away again with the other Canadian number and also got through successfully. I tried again immediately on my Public Mobile number and got the message again about talk not being included, and got the same message every time I tried after that. The thing is, my plan DOES include unlimited U.S. and Canadian calling, and I DID get through with my Public Mobile number last week, albeit after several attempts.

Any advice?

11 REPLIES 11

You guys found list before I did Cat LOL

I knew someone would find that listing of US area codes for me!  @mimmo@srlawren

KH89

@srlawren & @mimmo, Thank you! That sure does explain it. I don't understand why I got through that once last week, but I guess I won't be able to get through on it with this number from now on. Oh well - I can try with an online number when I have Wi-Fi. Maybe that online number rejected my call today because I was using data for it and was in an area with poor service, though I would normally expect it to just hang up, then. It's working, though, on that number. I guess I won't try any more fruitless efforts with my Public Mobile number. Thank you!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@KH89 there is a simple explanation:  712-432-xxxx is not supported.  See here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Which-U-S-area-codes-are-not-supported-... EDIT: and here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Numbers-starting-with-a-certain-set-of-...

EDIT: looks like @mimmo was on the same track as me, while I was searching for the reference thread.  😉

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Could it be the number is one of those that is  excluded from USA Calling.  there is a list somewhere will try to find it.

edit: found teh link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Which-U-S-area-codes-are-not-supported-...

State

Excluded areas after December 8th, 2016

Area codes

California

Reedley

559-726-XXXX

Iowa

Carroll

712-775-XXXX

Lake Park

712-432-XXXX

Charles City

641-552-XXXX

KH89

Yes, I tried it both with and without the 1. It didn't seem to make any difference. I tried it added to my contacts and not in my contacts. Nothing works. Except somehow I got in that one time last week.

KH89

I could try this except that everyone else who is trying it is also unsuccessful. It seems like Public Mobile doesn't like this number very well - ? 🙂

I have just attempted the call on my line, with the 1, and get the talk not included message also.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Area code 712 is definitely a number based in IOWA, so there could be restrictions based on where you’re calling from, but as you made the call once on your Public Mobile service, that doesn’t make sense.

Have you tried dialing the 1 in front of the area code.  Have you double checked you haven’t entered an extra, or too few numbers when dialing?  This has caused me this error previously.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Try going into your self-serve account, report your phone as lost, log out, wait 10 minutes, log back in and report your phone found. That can reset some network errors.

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Same message when I try calling as well.

Need Help? Let's chat.