cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering koodo number

Mpeters19
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I transfer my koodo number over to public mobile?

18 REPLIES 18

denisal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, I provided my Koodo cellphone #, my alternate phone # and my Koodo account #. I am keeping my Koodo cellphone # active until I hear from the PM moderators.  Thankis for the advice. 

@denisal wrote:

I understood the process you suggest only worked for the Koodo post-paid accounts. Did I misunderstood? 

@denisal  You are correct. Did the moderator ask you to verify your account yet? Hopefully you included all the required info, Koodo acct#, name on account and number in your original message. If yes, best to take @LovesToPM  recommendation and continue to use your Koodo sim until it stops working.

@denisalIt requires Moderator intervention because Koodo Prepaid and Public Mobile shares the same system.. you message the moderators.. the moderators have to go and declipher all the other messages (billing etc etc) to find your port message.. vs having a port request right there in the porting work pile. My suggestion submit it anyways.

@denisal wrote:

My request to the moderators was for a cellphone number transfer from a Koodo prepaid account. I read that this is the only way to proceed. So ... I guess I'll try to be patient. Thanks for letting me know that the wait time can be as long as 48 hours. 

While your're waiting for Moderator to complete the port, you can continue to use your Koodo SIM.
Once it stops working, you'll know the port transfer is complete.

@denisal wrote:

I understood the process you suggest only worked for the Koodo post-paid accounts. Did I misunderstood? 

You are absolutely right, we just didn't know

denisal

@denisalYou can try the online form and get at least some of the information to the Moderators.. then message them to intervene. You can initiate the port via selfserve.

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 10.31.24 AM.png

denisal

My request to the moderators was for a cellphone number transfer from a Koodo prepaid account. I read that this is the only way to proceed. So ... I guess I'll try to be patient. Thanks for letting me know that the wait time can be as long as 48 hours. 

@denisal wrote:

I have sent a private message request to the moderators' email account yesterday morning but have yet to hear from anyone there. Are they on vacation? What is the time-lag to expect a reply from them? 

Denis

No they work on weekends and holidays too, there is just lots of problems for some reason now and wait times to to48 hours.

You can wait or you can post your question to community and see if anybody can help you resolve it by yourself

denisal

I have sent a private message request to the moderators' email account yesterday morning but have yet to hear from anyone there. Are they on vacation? What is the time-lag to expect a reply from them? 

Denis

Did you setup your self serve account

You first need to do that here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Are you prepaid or post paid

If post paid or if you are not sure log in to your selfserve and go to plan and add-on tab, then change phone number tab, then choose option to port and enter your koodo number and fill in the information

If prepaid message moderators here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Yon may have to wait for long time

@Mpeters19 wrote:

My Koodo account number is 10000xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

@Mpeters19 Click on the three dots select Edit Post and remove your private info ASAP.

@Mpeters19 wrote:

I am wanting too transfer my number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx from Koodo too Public mobile. My Public mobile number I chose temporarily to setup my account is xxxxxxxxx

@Mpeters19  This is a public forum so you need to edit your post and remove your phone infomation for your protection.

Did you pay monthly for your previous Koodo account or every 30 days? If you paid monthly then use selfserve. If you paid every 30 days then contact the moderator team as mentioned above.

@Mpeters19 This is a public community forum. Please do not post personal information.
You can click on the 3-dots on on top right corner of your post to edit it.

Mpeters19

Mpeters19

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Mpeters19  If it's Koodo postpaid you can do it through selfserve. Login and choose the change phone number option,

If it's a Koodo prepaid account you need to message the moderator team to do it manually. Just include your Koodo account#, Name and phone number and also your current PM (if you picked a temp one).

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Mpeters19 wrote:

How do I transfer my koodo number over to public mobile?

Choose your Phone Number

You can transfer your number from another provider or select a new number. In either case, here’s what you should know:

• With a new phone number, you’ll have to choose your city and province to get an area code. You can also select the option to customize the last 4 digits of your number. Note that you can change your phone number once every 30 days after you’ve activated.
  • When you transfer or port your phone number from another provider, you can keep your existing number. Before you do, here are some things you should know:
    • Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number.
    • You cannot transfer numbers between Public Mobile accounts.
    • Your previous account must be active in order for the number transfer to go through. Once the transfer is complete, it will be automatically deactivated from your previous service provider.
    • Double check your old account info, as it needs to be correct in order for your number transfer to complete. Here’s the information you’ll need:

Mobile Phone Number TransferLandline Phone Number Transfer
Alternate Phone NumberComplete billing address
First and Last Name of the account holderAlternate phone number
You’ll also need to provide one of the following: your old account number or your ESN/IMEI/MEID number or your account PINFirst and last name of the account holder
  • The number transfer process can take up to 2 hours to complete for a mobile phone number. When you transfer a landline number, the process can take up to 3 business days. When your number transfer is complete, you will receive a confirmation text message.
  • If you don’t want to wait, you can select a new number when activating, and transfer your old number later.
  • If you are transferring from a Koodo prepaid plan you will need to select a new number at activation, create a Community account, and then send a private message to our Moderator Team here to complete the transfer to Public Mobile.
  • If you’ve waited more than 2 hours, and you’re still experiencing issues, you should contact our Moderator Team. Since you’re new to Public Mobile, this will be a 2-step process:
    • First, create a Community account here by selecting ‘Sign In’, then ‘New User? Register here.”
  • Then, send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. Make sure you provide the number you are trying to transfer, and the port transfer request information you shared at activation.

Need Help? Let's chat.