cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tower Sharing

LyonsLTD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Community,

I am testing mobile devices for the company I work for in Sault Ste. Marie ON Canada. I was using the basic $15 plan offered by Public Mobile and want to add data to the plan. This prompted the question what towers does Public Mobile share with other companies in my area? We work with Rogers and Bell for different systems we use and we wanted to figure out who to scale with. 

Any help would be appreciated.  

Regards,

Jordan

6 REPLIES 6

@Triguy wrote:

PM uses Telus and Bell towers but throttles the speed to 3G.

"3G Speed" marketing speak = in reality 3.0 Mbps throttle on the LTE network, no throttling up to network maximums on 3G aka WCDMA/HSPA (Often upwards of 10Mbps).

Perfectly adequate for casual email and web browsing, and even 720P streaming youtube...

@LyonsLTD 

Public mobile uses telus and bell towers. Data and texting will work on both 4G LTE and the 3G network. Voice calls work on the 3G network only.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@LyonsLTD   

PM is owned by Telus.  So, they use the Telus and Bell towers.  Pretty much like Koodo

LyonsLTD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the info Triguy, appreciate it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LyonsLTD 

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

How To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
  5. after you Add-on you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Overview Of Add-Ons visit Here link.

visit to Coverage Map Here . use Telus and Bell 

or Here 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM uses Telus and Bell towers but throttles the speed to 3G.

Need Help? Let's chat.