cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time limit on phone calls

CatCanyon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am wondering if anyone knows if PM has a set amount of time per phone call.

I use my phone for business purposes as well as personal. Some of my calls take quite a bit of time.

At first, it was usually at the 2 hour mark when the call was disconnected. Now it sometimes occurs less than 55 minutes into the conversation.

I am curious if this disconnection is  preplanned or an aberration only I experience?

In addition, if there is a solution, I would be grateful to know it.

Thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES 10

Irv

@gblackma, yes that's what I'm understanding but I wonder if there is a specific reason for that specific time with PM. 

I think it's always good to take a break during a phone call anyway 😉

Thank you for confirming! 

@Irv PM calls are cut off after 2.5 hours. Stay safe.  

Irv

Hi, 

Have you heard back from the moderator team? I was wondering about the same question. I heard from another topic there was a 2.5h limit for phone calls. That might be useful to know. I hope they were able to help you.

CatCanyon

Thanks for responding. I have contacted the moderator team and will post the result.

CatCanyon

Thanks for your response. I have a Samsung Galaxy 5. I have written to the moderator team with my question and will post the result.

CatCanyon

Thanks. I will write to the moderator team. Then I'll post the findings.

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It might be the phone that is at issue.  I have used perfectly good phones (usually older 3G only phones)  that worked well with other carriers, and they worked with Public Mobile, but were just buggy enough to be noticable.  My current phone, a Kyocera DuraXE flip phone, is rock solid on Public Mobile!   I would only guess since this a phone Telus offers, and is relatively modern, this phone would have been better tested for that network than some other phones.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@CatCanyon wrote:

I use my phone for business purposes as well as personal. Some of my calls take quite a bit of time.

At first, it was usually at the 2 hour mark when the call was disconnected. Now it sometimes occurs less than 55 minutes into the conversation.

I am curious if this disconnection is  preplanned or an aberration only I experience?

Thanks in advance.

There was a chronic problem with dropped calls last spring, but those were dropped after 5 minutes or so. The moderators made some internal adjustments and most of those issues have been cleared up now.  Your's is the first I've heard of lasting that long though. If it continues to be bothersome you can send the moderators a private message seeking their consideration. It could take up to 48 hours for a response, so please be patient. ..Click this to message moderator

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@CatCanyon wrote:

Thanks in advance.

@CatCanyon  Not sure if there is a fair use policy in place that might get triggered if the max number of circuits has been reached  for an extended period of time. Maybe someone with in-depth knowledge of the network can chime in. Maybe even worthwhile to ask the moderator team and share their response.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@CatCanyon  hi no there is no time limit but dropped calls do happen due to many reasons ,interference in buildings distance from tower etc if it happens to much could be your phone hard to say you can contact moderators to check it out if you like here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.