cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thinking of purchasing new unlocked Iphone

Hi there,  can anyone tell me if this phone would work on Public Mobile.  I am nervous to buy since it says GSM, but I think it will work on this network - just want to be sure before purchasing. https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/apple-iphone-6s-plus-gsm-unlocked-32gb-space-grey-brand-new/148...

Thank you! C

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Thinking of purchasing new unlocked Iphone

Yes it will but take note for that price you could get other phones. iPhone 6 are discontinued.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

The iPhone 6S and 6S Plus were succeeded by the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus on September 7, 2016 and were discontinued with the announcement of the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR on September 12, 2018.

So I would suggest thinking of another phone that has not been discontinued.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

iPhone 6 is not only discontinued, but my understanding is that it's also subjected to forced updates which many people claim make it suck.

Also, if it's a refurb which has already seen any use then the old battery might need replacing soon.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You can always go here

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started and look for the check your phone...

its compatible and they say it is brand new, so a nice phone but a little out of date and maybe a little pricey but still nice.  Hmmmm, it says brand new but only 90 day warranty!!!!!!  Something does not add up.

Some people do like a reasonably priced Iphone and the screen size the 6s has.  Your decision of course.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@4star60 A phone can be brand new and have 90 day or no warranty. The phone could be imported and only warranty is by the third party seller.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@kachoo22 a reason not to get an iPhone is data usage. Imessage uses data to send/ receive when not on wifi. If you buy an iPhone and then get the $15 plan which only gives you 250mb then its a waste of time. Stay safe. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

(You can disable all iMessage features, default to the standard SMS/MMS used by commoners. Doesn't look as pretty, and your iPhone friends may be saddened that messages to and from you have to be so boring, but it will use Text instead of Data.)

Highlighted

Kachoo, I have had an iPhone 8 for 1 year, would recommend it if you can somehow find a new one at a good price $200 - $300, it was discontinued a few months ago. My only complaint with the 8 is the battery life is low, but tolerable if you are a light user.  The 6, 6S, 7, 8, and the new SE are all very similar in size and format.  I almost got an iPhone XR but the smaller sizer and price of the 8 worked out fine for me.

If you can afford a higher price, check out the new iPhone SE.  If you can wait, new iPhones will be announced sometime before mid-October and there may be a new iPhone of interest, and reduced prices on the current iPhones.

Highlighted

Not sure if you've bought the phone yet or not.  I have bought a few refurbished iPhones from getorchard.com and never had any issues.  Prices are good, delivery very fast and customer service excellent.  They even helped me when I was having issues trying to get my current phone unlocked so that I could transfer over to Public Mobile.

Might just be worth taking a look.