cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Thinking of purchasing new unlocked Iphone

@Korth For battery of a used phone, intenral battery is meant to last a few years. After a few years, many buy a new phone anyway.  Apple store can replace with official iPhone battery but the customer has to decide if the battery is worth spending money on.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@mm80 wrote:

For battery of a used phone, intenral battery is meant to last a few years. After a few years, many buy a new phone anyway.  Apple store can replace with official iPhone battery but the customer has to decide if the battery is worth spending money on.

The customer has to decide if the battery is worth spending money on. But the decision is easier when lower-cost options are available.

Apple store is not at all the only option. Not even the best option, in my opinion. iFixit charges about $30 for new iPhone 6 battery (price includes all necessary tools, guides, videos, and support for DIY install). Even "non-replaceable" batteries are just an overpriced inconvenience to anyone unafraid of warranty threats.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@kachoo22 Don't be nervous. Almost all phones that work here also are GSM compatible.  For the phone, they're just saying that it takes sim cards.

Highlighted
Oracle

@gblackma wrote:

@kachoo22 a reason not to get an iPhone is data usage. Imessage uses data to send/ receive when not on wifi. If you buy an iPhone and then get the $15 plan which only gives you 250mb then its a waste of time. Stay safe. 

@gblackma  FYI: there is no requirement to use iMessage on an iPhone. Just turn iMessage OFF, and turn ON SMS/MMS and it will behave like an Android. 🤣

I have the $10 plan and use an iPhone with no problem.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kachoo22 
yes, this iPhone should work just fine with PM. And there is absolutely no need to use iMessage... I never do.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've had an iPhone for years without data.  I just kept my data off and my iMessage ran fine in wifi.  Out of wifi, you hold your finger on the message and a pop-up window comes up with "send as text message".  iMessage for me was great for sending photos as my old cell provider did not offer that with the cheap plan.

Now that I have a little data, I make sure the "Wifi Assist" is turned off on cellular settings and I use very little of my data.

Need Help? Let's chat.