cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already

costanza
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've just registered 2 phones, and they set them up with 2 different emails.  I'm trying to register phone number 2 and I keep getting : 

The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here.

When I log in with my first account I only see the original phone number, and I can't get the second number going at all.   When I go to verify your phone number and put in the phone number of cell 2 I always get 

The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here.

What do I do to get this one registered???   

When I click to forgotten password, if I go to the second email address they set this account up with it give me: 

Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address.

How do I get this one setup with my first account, or setup as it's own account.  I have the sim in the phone and the network is showing as Public Mobile, but I don't think it's setup with an account for payment...  How do I tell...

Ok, I found out each needs it's own account.  So I need to know why I keep getting this error and the system can't find my second number to register it...  I havent registered that number yet, so can't login...   I can't enter the phone number, nor can I register an email address for it..   Help!

Help!

15 REPLIES 15

@angelolvera 

You might want to start your own thread to gain more visibility on your issue.  

Did you create a self service account before?  If you did set up and you can't access, you will need to contact moderator.  

If you did not set up an account before, follow these insturctions:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Community-and-Self-Serve-Accounts/ta-p...

If you had a previous Koodo account, you might want to try a different email addresss. 

If unable to do so, you might need to contact moderator also.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Moderators take 1-2 days to respond.  If you need to top up right away, you can buy voucher in store or online (via recharge.com) and enter the voucher number via dialing 611.  

@angelolvera You definitely should contact the Moderator_Team by clicking on the Envelope icon on the top right hand corner, click on the New Message button and type in Moderator_Team in the "Send to" box . It sounds like it needs people who have access to the backend to sort you out.

@angelolvera wrote:

I'm also having the same problem. They set up my phone at a kiosk in a mall and I'm having a hard time to top up my phone.

When I try to create an account, I get "The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here."

If I try the reset password option, I get "Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address.".

Can someone help me?

angelolvera
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm also having the same problem. They set up my phone at a kiosk in a mall and I'm having a hard time to top up my phone.

When I try to create an account, I get "The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here."

If I try the reset password option, I get "Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address.".

Can someone help me?

costanza

Hi there, the next morning I tried again and it worked!  The Mod Team hadn't gotten to me yet, but leaving it over night seemed to help the number port over.  The Mod team has since reached out to me needing more information, but the problem is resolved - they may have noticed the porting issue in the nightly batches?    Thanks all for your suggestions...

@costanza wrote:

Hi there, they setup the new account with my original phone number at the store..     They setup 2 accounts for me.  One worked fine, and second one won't work.  Both are with my original numbers.  Not sure why second didn't work.

Hi,

Somtimes it randomly gets a stuck port. It actually happens more often than you think. As long as it was active and in good standing then it will work. Just needs the MODs to fix it for you. Contact them as I mentioned in my previous post and unfortunately there is nothing left to do but wait. 

EDIT: And yes, please keep us informed of how it is going.

costanza

Hi there, they setup the new account with my original phone number at the store..     They setup 2 accounts for me.  One worked fine, and second one won't work.  Both are with my original numbers.  Not sure why second didn't work.

costanza

K, thanks for your help - I've sent PM and will report back when I get it resolved...  

@costanza wrote:

It's not finding the 2nd registered number at all...    I haven't set up an account for it, so how can I change have forgotten password...    Does it take time for some numbers to register here??

Keep in mind that the account that the number is coming from must still be active and in good standing in order to be able to port the number out to a different carrier!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@costanza wrote:

bought a sim at walmart, and they set it up initially online to transfer the number...     I'm trying to use the number I told them to transfer over and this one is not working at all.  I can send text messages from the sim they gave me, but I cannot make phone calls - this service is not included ...

How do I resolve this?  SHould I cancel the sim I have and get a new one?  

I am trying to understand what had happened.  You activated an account at Walmart (first number) and you want to port a number from another provider to PM (second number).  Am I correct?

@costanza wrote:

bought a sim at walmart, and they set it up initially online to transfer the number...     I'm trying to use the number I told them to transfer over and this one is not working at all.  I can send text messages from the sim they gave me, but I cannot make phone calls - this service is not included ...

Don't cancel the sim, it sounds like a stuck port. If you old sim is still working put it back in and use it until it stops working. 

Also contact the MODs and explain what has happened,

To get help with your account, activation, or service? Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with your account.They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue; "https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder..."
Click here to send them a private message. 'https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  
In your message please include: PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

Don't know your pin?Provide any 3 of the following: Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date amount.

How long until they reply?  Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time]. Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received.

Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.

There is no need to send multiple messages.Some good posts/reads: Search PM GUIDE to find some great posts and answers to many common questions.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

costanza

popping

@costanza wrote:

It's not finding the 2nd registered number at all...    I haven't set up an account for it, so how can I change have forgotten password...    Does it take time for some numbers to register here??

Use the following link to create another self-serve account with the second phone number.  During registration of the second self-serve account, you will be asked to supply a password.  During the registration process, PM will send you a text message with a 6-digit code.  Have your phone ready to receive text message.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

@costanza wrote:

Suggest setting up an account with the 2nd sim and pick a new number. Once you confirm all is working correctly, port in the number you want.

costanza

popping

@costanza wrote:

I've just registered 2 phones, and they set them up with 2 different emails.  I'm trying to register phone number 2 and I keep getting : 

When I log in with my first account I only see the original phone number, and I can't get the second number going at all.   When I go to verify your phone number and put in the phone number of cell 2 I always get 

What do I do to get this one registered???   

When I click to forgotten password, if I go to the second email address they set this account up with it give me: 

Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address.

How do I get this one setup with my first account, or setup as it's own account.  I have the sim in the phone and the network is showing as Public Mobile, but I don't think it's setup with an account for payment...  How do I tell...

When 

Help!

You need to create two self-serve accounts for your 2 phones.

PM does not allow more than one phone number in an account.

Use the following link to create another self-serve account with the second phone number. 

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Need Help? Let's chat.