cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts show as delivered but recipient says he didn’t receive it

Karyathena
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Has anyone had an issue where texts are marked as delivered but the recipient says he didn’t receive it? It doesn’t happen to all texts, just random ones. Is there any was to check if it’s my phone or the recipient?

14 REPLIES 14

Karyathena

keypad, as part of a conversation 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Karyathena wrote:

Has anyone had an issue where texts are marked as delivered but the recipient says he didn’t receive it? It doesn’t happen to all texts, just random ones. Is there any was to check if it’s my phone or the recipient?

Hello @Karyathena ,

Check your message app settings to see if your "Chat features" are enabled; if so, turn it off and try texting again.

Are you texting from the keypad (<=your memory) or contacts list or favourites list?

Karyathena

It’s random, we’ll send and receive texts for days, then one will randomly not go through, although it says delivered on my end. Then the rest will go through. I’m on Android, I think the recipient is apple, it works 99% of the time. But like I said, I can’t double check each text that it’s been received.

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Karyathena 

I've had texts just disappear into the cyber universe never to be seen again. I've also had a few random texts show on my phone that were sent a week  or more before they've arrived. The sender confused when i reply sure I'll go see the new avengers movie! 

If you go to the 3 dots in messaging. Settings. More or advanced settings. Text messages. You can turn on delivery reports. That might help you track whether your messaged are being recieved.

Does iPhone user have SMS toggled  ON?

Karyathena

I’m using android, I think the recipient is an apple. How can I be sure texts are actually delivered?

Karyathena
  • Text never showed up, my number isn’t blocked we’re able to text back and forth now and before, just not sure what this glitch is. I can’t double check with everybody that they received my texts. Does delivered and a green check ark really mean delivered?

Karyathena

It’s a Sony Xperia X I think the recipient is an apple,

i restarted the phone today and will try the other tip. Thanks

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Karyathena if you are in a low signal area. your text messages can delay sending/receiving

you can start off by restarting your phone if you haven't done so, in a while.

update your apps and "carrier services app"

what's the make and model of the phone? 

reset your network settings

open settings
scroll down to system
tap on reset options
tap reset wifi,mobile & Bluetooth
tap reset settings and restart

*some of the menus may say something a little different on your phone

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Karyathena wrote:

Is that an immediate expectation of receiving a text? Does the text eventually show up? Does the receiver have your number blocked?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Karyathena wrote:

No random, 99% of the time they work, but this isn’t the first time I’ve had someone tell me they didn’t get a text (they get texts before and after) that says delivered on my end. 

Anyway to check this?

Are you both using Android phone?

Regular text messages are piggy-backed on the voice channel.  It is not a reliable transmission.

Karyathena

No random, 99% of the time they work, but this isn’t the first time I’ve had someone tell me they didn’t get a text (they get texts before and after) that says delivered on my end. 

Anyway to check this?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Karyathena wrote:

Is it always for the same recipient or random across your friends?

iPhone iMessage has its own protocol and will not work with Android SMS/MMS.

What phone and your recipient are using?

For iPhone iMessage users, configure iMessage settings as follows:

iPhone Settings for iOS 12.4.5
Under iPhone Messages settings:
iMessage = enabled

SMS/MMS
MMS Messaging = enabled
Group Messaging = enabled
All other Messages settings are disabled

How do you know what message type you are sending or receiving on iPhone?
Messages with green bubbles are normal SMS/MMS text messages.
Message with blue bubbles are sent via the iMessage

Need Help? Let's chat.