cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Texts not sending with number from iMessage

Actually I don’t think it is Apple issue, because this never happened before I switched. That link does not solve the issue I’m facing, thanks for trying.

Highlighted

Okay I’ll try that again then.

Highlighted

How do I reset the settings app? Is it the same as network reset?

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jb456 wrote:

@Linnaea2  Have you read the link I posted?

I wouldn't advise contacting Public Mobile support as this is not a Public Mobile issue. It's an apple issue. If you're unable to fix your iMessage then either contact apple support or visit a store.

Really it is an 'Apple USER' issue. 

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

for your information on my iPhone under Settings/Messages/Send & Receive/iMessage

it shows "Use your Apple ID for iMessage", iMessage has a separte login for Apple ID which you don't need to do it in order to use iMessage on phone with your mobile number.

I copied the below information from apple support website, I believe what you want can be acheive by Sign Out under Send & Receive or change your Apple ID password which would force all your device to require re login which could be a hassle for nevertheless workable solution as stated.

I am no expert but I have be using iMessage with just number only. hope this can help you.

Remove your phone number

If you don't want calls or messages for your iPhone on your iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, you can remove your phone number. There are two ways to do this:

• On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Select your Apple ID and tap Sign Out. Then go to Settings > FaceTime, select your Apple ID and tap Sign Out.
  • If the phone number that you want to remove belongs to an iPhone that you can't access, change your Apple ID password. This removes all phone numbers from your iPad, iPod touch, and Mac. Calls or messages for the removed numbers won't appear on those devices anymore.