cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts not sending with number from iMessage

Linnaea2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello. My iMessages are not sending to people with my number but instead my Apple ID. I don’t want them to see my Apple ID but instead my phone number. I have already tried to changes this by going to settings and then messages and choosing what I can be reached by but it won’t let me choose my number. There is an arrow moving endlessly at the phone number.

14 REPLIES 14

Ltang2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

for your information on my iPhone under Settings/Messages/Send & Receive/iMessage

it shows "Use your Apple ID for iMessage", iMessage has a separte login for Apple ID which you don't need to do it in order to use iMessage on phone with your mobile number.

I copied the below information from apple support website, I believe what you want can be acheive by Sign Out under Send & Receive or change your Apple ID password which would force all your device to require re login which could be a hassle for nevertheless workable solution as stated.

I am no expert but I have be using iMessage with just number only. hope this can help you.

Remove your phone number

If you don't want calls or messages for your iPhone on your iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, you can remove your phone number. There are two ways to do this:

• On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Select your Apple ID and tap Sign Out. Then go to Settings > FaceTime, select your Apple ID and tap Sign Out.
  • If the phone number that you want to remove belongs to an iPhone that you can't access, change your Apple ID password. This removes all phone numbers from your iPad, iPod touch, and Mac. Calls or messages for the removed numbers won't appear on those devices anymore. 

@Jb456 wrote:

@Linnaea2  Have you read the link I posted?

I wouldn't advise contacting Public Mobile support as this is not a Public Mobile issue. It's an apple issue. If you're unable to fix your iMessage then either contact apple support or visit a store.

Really it is an 'Apple USER' issue. 

Linnaea2

How do I reset the settings app? Is it the same as network reset?

Linnaea2

Okay I’ll try that again then.

Linnaea2

Actually I don’t think it is Apple issue, because this never happened before I switched. That link does not solve the issue I’m facing, thanks for trying.

@Linnaea2  Have you read the link I posted?

I wouldn't advise contacting Public Mobile support as this is not a Public Mobile issue. It's an apple issue. If you're unable to fix your iMessage then either contact apple support or visit a store.

@Linnaea2 

it seems this might be an issue with appple trying to send a sms Short code  that pm is not accepting..

1. Open the Settings app and navigate to Messages.

2. Turn the iMessage switch off.

3. Power down the iPhone and wait at least 5-10 minutes.

4. Power on then iPhone and and re-enable iMessage by going to Settings > Messages and turning the iMessage switch to the on position. This should re-activate iMessage.

Linnaea2

5D21FBC8-815E-4B97-9B9D-8528B91A62B2.png

 it still didn’t work:/ it still shows that arrow moving around

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Linnaea2 

To change the defult phone number in iMessage, you need to:

1. Insert the new sim.
  2. Go to Settings > Messages>Turn off iMessage.
  3. Go to General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
  4. Once the iPhone is open.
  5. Go to Settings > Messages>Turn ON iMessage.
  6. This will recognize the new sim and have it verified.

Linnaea2

No I tried switching it from there but it won’t let me choose my phone number as the option I want 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

y@Linnaea2 wrote:

Hello. My iMessages are not sending to people with my number but instead my Apple ID. I don’t want them to see my Apple ID but instead my phone number. I have already tried to changes this by going to settings and then messages and choosing what I can be reached by but it won’t let me choose my number. There is an arrow moving endlessly at the phone number.

I assume you have a list of emails and ONE phone number to use for iMessage. Go into settings, iMessage and select the preferred “start new conversations from” ID. 

0189B15B-0E36-4CC4-9768-083A1F7DD6D8.jpeg

Your iPad, and Mac can have different settings.  Remember that you need data or wifi turned on for iMessage 

Linnaea2

How do I do that?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Linnaea2 I think you need to verify your number to be able to show it instead of your Apple id

Need Help? Let's chat.