cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts not coming in

PsyJade
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My texts haven't been coming in since Thursday. I've been rebooting my phone and nothing. The incoming texts from Thursday until today finally all came in after rebooting this morning. I'm extra frustrated because I missed an important text, and ended up missing out on making some much needed money. Why is this happening? How do I prevent it from happening again? 

13 REPLIES 13

@PsyJade no, don't turn on data roaming. PM won't let you roam data, unless you have a US roaming add on. 

How many bars of reception do you usually have in your area? 

PsyJade

@iliketotalk to clarify, is that data roaming I need to turn on? 

@PsyJade OK good luck if you need anymore help come on back to the community we are here 24 seven at least someone is ha ha

PsyJade

@iliketotalk I believe that's what happened, issues reconnecting with my home tower. Whether it was Telus or my phone, I'm unsure. I do live in a more rural area, on a lake. I had huge technological issues with Fido when I moved out here, they don't have a tower nearby, which is how I thankfully ended up on PM. I will check the roaming feature. Thanks. 

PsyJade

@gblackma I haven't made any calls since Friday, so I'm unsure if it was working. Haven't moved, been here since I joined PM. Haven't had any issues prior. Must have just been a fluke thing with Telus. Phone seems to be working fine now. 

@PsyJade Hi from what you say do you live out of town and you may not of connected back up to your tower make sure roaming is enabled on your phone it doesn’t cost any extra so you may as well leave it on if it’s not on already

@PsyJade there may have been a Telus outage in your area. Could you make calls? Thanks.  With The LG line, at minimum a  network reset and sometimes a factory reset  is required for it to work properly. 

But this doesn't seem to be your problem since you have been here since December 2019. Did you recently move? And is your phone working properly now? 

PsyJade

My plan hasn't renewed. I did drive into town on Thursday, so it appears my phone maybe didn't reconnect to the tower by my house? Why wouldn't it have worked when I rebooted it every day since though? Thank you for the input!

PsyJade

I did add a couple of apps, but nothing related to texting. Thank you for that suggestion. I didn't even think about that angle. 

PsyJade

LG G7 thin

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@PsyJade Have your plan was renewed recently? Perhaps, there was a glitch during this process. Make sure that you are on Autopay and have funds on your account. Also, did you change your location? Maybe your phone didn't connect to a new phone tower properly at first time, and that is why rebooting helped.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@PsyJade Hello have you added any apps recently that may be interfering such as texting apps?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Sorry to hear that @PsyJade could you please tell us the make and model of your phone?  Thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.