cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting not working.

ibragg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just activated phone and it works. However my texting does not work when not on Wi-Fi. I have cellular turned on I have a rooming on I have an iPhone and it’s set to send as SMS when I message not available. I don’t understand because my plan is unlimited text. 

10 REPLIES 10

shimdog
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is an apple problem and not a public mobile issue. You can probably get more support from the Apple community or, even better, Apple's tech support. I have dealt with this in the past though and it boils down to making sure that in your settings you selected to use SMS when you don't have Wi-Fi, and it is enabled to send messages from both your phone number and your Apple ID.

Anyways, please be reassured that there is no issue with your plan or SIM card.

shimdog
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is a specific iPhone and Apple iMessage problem and cannot be fixed with your solution.

@Yummy wrote:

I see a few times this iMess mentioned.

What is the purpose of that iMess if phone has native SMS/MMS capability????

One advantage of using iMessage is the ability to send message in places where there is no cellular signal.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

@ibragg...in settings...make sure iMessage is enabled.

I see a few times this iMess mentioned.

What is the purpose of that iMess if phone has native SMS/MMS capability????

@hairbag1 wrote:

That's a workaround if SMS isn't working, but in the end, it doesn't fix this issue.  SMS does not require, nor does it use Wi-Fi (nor mobile data). It'll be interesting to see if this is a Public Mobile issue or a device issue. 

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@ibragg wrote:

I just activated phone and it works. However my texting does not work when not on Wi-Fi. I have cellular turned on I have a rooming on I have an iPhone and it’s set to send as SMS when I message not available. I don’t understand because my plan is unlimited text. 

@ibragg 

If trying the other tips doesn't solve your issue, your SIM may not be properly provisioned on activation.

You'll need to ask CS for help:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ibragg wrote:

@ibragg 

If you turn your data off occasionally, maybe turn off iMessage altogether and use regular text messaging instead.

To do this, go to Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage off.

If you prefer to use iMessage, then you can perform the following steps to fix the issue:

1. Connect to the internet using WiFi or Data.
  2. Go to Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage OFF.
  3. Turn your iPhone off completely, then turn it back on.
  4. Go back into Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage ON.
  5. Make sure “Send as SMS” is also turned ON.

@ibragg wrote:

I would suggest trying your sim card in another phone to see if the issue is being caused by Public Mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ibragg 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and you can try to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

for iphone  go to Settings > Messages > To turn iMessage on or off, 

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet wifi is on is not going through the Picture or a video Messaging, 

you have to do this to is going through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video Messaging in world-wide,

make sure your Data is on.

or can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

and do again Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.