cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting issues only certain numbers

sheva1987
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

My girlfriend and I (both with Public Mobile) are having issues with texting regular sms (MMS go through no problem) only with certain numbers. Is there a way to reset the messaging service on our numbers?

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sheva1987 as @NDesai noted, I've been hit by this bug every time I used the US Roaming Texting add-on.  What happens is that once the add-on expires around midnight (eastern time) on the 10th day, it doesn't properly remove itself from your account but remains on it and expired.  This prevents the system from being able to send you inbound text messages even though you're back in Canada and should be able to!  As @Anonymous noted, it self-corrects within 24 hours as the expired add-on eventually removes itself from your account, but you can expedite the fix by asking the moderator team to manually remove it (they are well-aware of the issue and the resolution) by sending them a private message.

The most unfortunate part about this annoying 1.5 year old bug is that any messages that were sent to you between the time the add-on expires and the time it's properly removed from your account are lost forever, so you'll never received them and never know what you missed.  😞

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NDesai wrote:

Yes, that could be the problem. I know @srlawren had this problem. I believe you need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your account info and an explanation. They will know how to fix this. 

@sheva1987, If you're lucky, the problem will correct itself before the moderators need to do anything.  Many people have reported that it was corrected the next day.

@sheva1987 wrote:

No, I have an android...
Could it have something to do with us having a United States roaming package that expires today? We are both back in Canada so we don't need it anymore...

Yes, that could be the problem. I know @srlawren had this problem. I believe you need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your account info and an explanation. They will know how to fix this. 

sheva1987
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No, I have an android...
Could it have something to do with us having a United States roaming package that expires today? We are both back in Canada so we don't need it anymore...

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Which phone are you using? If you're using iPhone you can try to reset networking settings

Need Help? Let's chat.