cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting goign out but not getting replies

groan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my family just finished Roaming and now none of our texts are getting replies. Recipients are getting our messages but no replies. Also we can't text to eachother. Just the phones that were on roaming are not getting texts.

We disabled data roaming but I know that's not related. That was all that we changed.

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@groan wrote:

It seems time has fixed the issue.

Thanks

@groan yes, it typically self-corrects within approx 12-24 hours.  Glad it's all working now.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

groan

It seems time has fixed the issue.

Thanks

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lieux  @sp1826  no amount of sim card removal or message centre tweaking will help this issue.  It is a server-side issue, not a phone issue.  

@Anonymous has the best info here so far.

@hairbag1 I don't believe the lost/stolen trick is known to resovle this but I suppose it hypothetically could force whatever lagging process that removes the expired add-on to run earlier, potentially.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@groan wrote:

Thanks,

I've messaged the mod team as removing the sim cards did not help.

While we wait, you can try the famous "lost/stolen" remedy. It seems to fix several different maladies and might help here. Log into My Account/Plan & Add-ons/ Lost-Stolen. Suspend service and log out. In a couple of minutes, log back in and report phone as found. Good luck and let us know when you're back to normal service. Good luck.

groan

Thanks,

I've messaged the mod team as removing the sim cards did not help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@groan  - That is a known 'glitch' with PM when you return from the US.  It should clear itself within 24 hours.  However, since it could be longer, you might want to message the moderator team and ask them to fix this for you.  Note that moderator response time could be longer than 24 hours.  Hopefully it will resolve itself by tomorrow morning, and you can just tell the moderator that the problem cleared itself.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 8AM-Midnight(EST) & Sat/Sun 8AM-10:00PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

sp1826

try removing sim card and inserting again.

that should reset the message center number, check also country if has been changed to US or not.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@groan  a écrit :

my family just finished Roaming and now none of our texts are getting replies. Recipients are getting our messages but no replies. Also we can't text to eachother. Just the phones that were on roaming are not getting texts.

We disabled data roaming but I know that's not related. That was all that we changed.

After US roaming you could have problem..

Try taking the SIM card out of your phone for a minute, put it back in, and reboot.

If that doesn't work, then you'll need to send a private message to a moderator for help.https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain what happened...waiting time is few hours to 2 days..

Need Help? Let's chat.