cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Texting/SIM card issue?

Hi,

I am a fairly new convert to Public mobile. I did the switch last month & everything seemed fine. Just over the last couple of days though I am having trouble sending texts.The only way I can force a text to send is to remove the SIM card, wait, re-insert it,  power phone back on & then the text will send. Any suggestions?

Tags (2)
Mayor / Maire

Re: Texting/SIM card issue?

@Islandgirl56  What kind of phone? Which plan are you on? Is the issue with SMS texts, or MMS(pics and/or video included) texts?

Is it not sending to someone specific or everyone?

It's an iphone 5s. I am on the $15 plan. Yesterday it was an mms message, but today I was just tryng to send a regular text.

Mayor / Maire

@Islandgirl56 Did you just pay for your plan? It may not have reset properly Try these tricks:

1. Put your phone into aeroplane mode for 5 minutes, take it off and restart your phone.
  2. From with your self service account place,your phone on lost/stolen for 5 minutes, take it off and restart.
  3. Use the add one time payment option to add $1 to your self service account . And restart.

If none of these helps, contact a moderator and explain your situation. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one.  (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@Islandgirl56 wrote:

Hi,

I am a fairly new convert to Public mobile. I did the switch last month & everything seemed fine. Just over the last couple of days though I am having trouble sending texts.The only way I can force a text to send is to remove the SIM card, wait, re-insert it,  power phone back on & then the text will send. Any suggestions?

Different people.

Mayor / Maire

@Islandgirl56  Any chance you're using iMessage, and MAYBE need to change the settings to "SMS" for that app?

No I didn't just pay. I switched over last month & checked to make sure everything worked okay, which it did until the last couple of days.

I have both imessage and sms enabled to make sure they both work.

Mayor / Maire

@Islandgirl56  enable mms and group messaging. Use this guide to troubleshoot your settings https://osxdaily.com/2016/05/12/fix-iphone-not-sending-text-messages-sms/

Need Help? Let's chat.