cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text message on bluetooth with vehicle not reading senders name any longer

LoriBree
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I used to get text messages through the vehicle and it would tell me who it was from so I would know if I wanted to listen to it or not. Now it tells me an unknown caller even though it is someone's phone number that is programed into the phone, and someone's phone number I used to have no problem having the vehicle recongnize.

9 REPLIES 9

LoriBree

Previous provider was Telus. As for those other questions, I will have to look into it.

@LoriBree  Sounds like you car's bluetooth needs to update your phone's contact list again. Can you dial a number using your car's  call button?

Edit: Note that PM uses 3G for calling does your car's BT require a LTE connection for calling? WHo was your previous provider?

LoriBree

So disconnecting and reconnecting did not make a difference. Still telling me incoming text messages are unknown number even though I have received texts from these people before and the vehicle has recognized their number and say their name. Since I changed to public mobility it is no longer doing that.

LoriBree

Will look at doing it tomorrow. Thanks again.

@LoriBree  definitely worth a try.🙂

LoriBree

I'm not sure but the BT does not disconnect. I am thinking maybe if I disconnect and reconnect the BT it might straighten out. New provider may have to reset the connection with the vehicle. Thoughts?

@LoriBree  Do your contacts get updated automatically everytime you connect to your vehicle's BT?

LoriBree

yes

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@LoriBree  Same phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.