cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Oracle

Re: Tethering is not working, please help

@aryanenzo wrote:

reset settings in the APN page, which deleted all my APN except the default two which are permanent. Went into Developer options and Hardware Accelerated Tethering was  already enabled. Restarted phone.

The problem is not resolved.

Did you try SIM 2 slot?  In the xda thread someone said it worked on SIM 2 but not SIM 1.  It does seem like Public Mobile tethering is a little messed up on the Chinese branded phones. On my Umidigi F2, I have to add dun to the APN type field.  Using data from a different carrier, I don't have to do that.  BTW, you cannot edit the APNs that are included on the phone.  The APN configuration file is read only.  

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@aryanenzo, Before you do this, back-up your phone contents. And I would do a factory reset on the phone, and try again. This should wipe out your previous settings with Freedom, and by starting with a clean slate, it shouldn't be a problem. When I made the switch from Fido to Public Mobile, I just bought myself a brand new phone to well, reward myself self and making a clean get-away from Fido. Because I am super **bleep**, I still did a factory reset, and plug along and ported successfully have copying and pasting the APN settings. And it works great. 

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For future readers: seems like I have fixed it. I put the sim card into my Galaxy S7 and tethering worked perfectly and the Mobile Tethering APN was still blank. So that led me to believe it isn't the problem. The default Mobile Internet APN was different however. It had MVNO set to GID and Value to 4D. Using these same settings in my Huawei completely disconnected the internet.

Eventually I used the same APN settings everyone recommends for Public Mobile but instead of APN type blank or dun...I used the APN Type: default,supl,mms,dun WITH NO SPACES after the ","s which did the trick. Tethering working perfectly now.

Thanks everyone!

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You are welcome @aryanenzo . Glad it worked. Look at @Luddite 's post. The first one after your original question. Stay safe 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@@

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@aryanenzo wrote:

Eventually I used the same APN settings everyone recommends for Public Mobile but instead of APN type blank or dun...I used the APN Type: default,supl,mms,dun WITH NO SPACES after the ","s which did the trick. Tethering working perfectly now.

I've changed this solution as it was mentioned by another member (Luddite) earlier. It's good to hear that your data is working.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@computergeek541 

Awesome luddite comes through again with his stellar rate of solution to posts.