cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teracube

Filsinger1956
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does anyone know if the new Teracube Phone will work on the Public Mobile Network?

11 REPLIES 11

CPacaud

Really happy with the phone so far. Went from a LG G6 to the Teracube 2e. I was a bit worried about its reported "slow" performance/specs but to me it feels pretty snappy. My usage is pretty basic though - no games, for example, and I keep its content very tidy. The camera won't win any awards, if that's important for you. The screen resolution is low by today's standards but the screen renders beautifully. It all feels very solid, and the sustainability aspects of the company are a good reason for me to support them. As you said, ease of repair makes this a keeper for the long term to me. Just don't expect a pocket supercomputer 😉

@CPacaud 

That's great to hear....and that its compatible with pm. There's a thread in the lounge about teracube and I'm considering one for the bf due to its easy repairability factor.

CPacaud

Just popping in to give kudos to @franknarf8, the Teracube team and more people over there who worked really hard and finally solved the problem. I followed the steps found towards the end of this thread and got my Teracube 2e grabbing data.

franknarf8

@Filsinger1956 

The APN settings are greyed-out read-only settings in Android 9+ if the network providers sets some kind of flag; and Telus does set that flag.

It is not possible for me to add nor modify the APN settings to add the PM APN settings. (Well, unless rooting my phone, I guess)

@Filsinger1956 

Can you not change them of what's the issue? You may need to use or borrow a freedom or a roam sim to add them.

@Filsinger1956  Have you put in public mobiles APN settings

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Don't forget to save these setting.

franknarf8

I've just got my Teracube phone, but I can't manage to get my data working;

See the ticked I opened on Teracube's support forum : https://community.myteracube.com/t/cant-set-my-apn-settings-properly-public-mobile-canada/763 

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Telus is listed on the site and it public's parent so it should work with public mobile also

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Filsinger1956  Yes, it will work with the following Canadian providers. If it works with Lucky it will also work with Public Mobile unless they are Also take a look at Umidigi F2 better specs and bigger battery. Runs close to Stock Android 10 no bloatware.

Screenshot_20200229-133118.png

Facebookphobic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, no mention about 3G (WCDMA) frequencies.

But if will be used for LTE for calls then the only missing frequency is 29 (700MHz) so it might work, it might not (according to similar devices showing in WillMyPhoneWork site).

Hope it helps

@Filsinger1956 wrote:

Does anyone know if the new Teracube Phone will work on the Public Mobile Network?

It will work for text messaging and data, but https://myteracube.com/specs/ doesn't mention any 3g network specifications. Without those, you wouldn't be able to.make or receive phone calls.

I would say that this device would probably be fine due to the fact that they say it's compatible with AT&T (who uses UMTS bands 2 and 5), but it would be best to ask the manufacturer to clarrrify this device's UMTS network compatibilities.

Need Help? Let's chat.