cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus phone number did not transfer

GregCadotte
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Telus phone number did not transfer.   I just signed up for public mobile three hours ago and no temporary phone number was given and when I put the chip in my phone I get ‘Unregestered SIM’. When the folks at this up they check the eligibility of my number and it came out eligible. However I have a phone that does not work. Any suggestions would be helpful thank you. Greg 

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GregCadotte.  Good to hear it's all resolved.  Thanks for the follow up.

GregCadotte

Totally fixed.  Awesome work by everyone.  Z

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hopefully they will get to your issue soon.

Unregistered sim means that your services were never properly activated or that your sim card was never properly linked to you account.  Unfortunately, there isn't anyone other than a Public Mobile moderator who can help you.  You'll need moderator assistance to fix account issues such as this.

GregCadotte

Thank you. I sent them a quick note and hopefully that will put me on the road to registration.  Again thanks for your help. Greg

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

It takes time to port the phone number if done successfully.  

Does your telus phone work still?    

Hope its not a port failure. 🙂

As always when porting number, choose a temporary number before port any phone number, it will make sure the new service works before porting over.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @GregCadotte,  When you signed up for you PM account, you enetered your old Telus number to be transfered in, correct?  First, and most importantly, your old number with Telus MUST still be active in order to port it into Public Mobile.

By any chance, was the email address on your Telus account the same as the email address you used to sign up for Public Mobile?  If so, then your port would have failed.  In that situation, you need to send a private message to the moderators team so that they can get your number ported in.

Click here to send them a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderators team by following this link.

Al that said, you should be able to make outgoing calls (and texts) with the new PM Sim in your phone.  Also, your old Telus number should still be able to receive calls.

Need Help? Let's chat.