cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Telus” carrier name flashes before “Public Mobile”

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

When I boot up my IPhone have noticed that at the top left of the screen it momentarily shows  the carrier name as Telus and the it switches to PM. Is this normal?

6 REPLIES 6

@BEER wrote:

When I boot up my IPhone have noticed that at the top left of the screen it momentarily shows  the carrier name as Telus and the it switches to PM. Is this normal?

This is a software thing. It makes no difference.

My dual SIM phone also always says Telus

I add a manual label to it to differentiate

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

My dual SIM Chinese phone shows Telus on the settings.  But shows Public Mobile at top notification bar of the lock screen.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I get the same effect on my Umidigi F2.  I recall the LG G4 would continually display Telus.  It's just a display.  What I do is edit it and enter Public Mobile.  

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

I had that on couple of phones, one from China was actually showing Telus. Unless there's a issue with the service I would ignore it. My sim is called Telus by my current phone as well.

I guess public mobile can't hide it's telus company. 

Not a bad thigh either, I'd take telus brand over Rogers or Bell any timeScreenshot_20200127-110700~2.png

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@BEER I never looked at my phone when I booted it. Is your service affected? Did you port a number from Telus?

@BEER wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.