cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talking

mikelukow
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Suddenly when I try to place a call my phone tells me I don't have talk available in my service.  I have time left on this month and everything is up to date.

13 REPLIES 13

@mikelukow wrote:

Sorry, false alarm.  Something happened to some numbers in my contact list.  I can dial directly.

@mikelukow  That is why I was asking you to make sure that you were calling the correct number. 🙂 Glad you figured it out. 👍

@mikelukow wrote:

Sorry, false alarm.  Something happened to some numbers in my contact list.  I can dial directly.

Good news...glad you got it going. Remember this if it ever re-occurs.

mikelukow

@mikelukow wrote:

My plan usage shows 100 mins to start, 20 used 80 remaining.  Almost no data used.

Have you tried cycling phone off / on ?

Try the Lost/Stolen remedy ?

@mikelukow wrote:

It says something to the effect of "Hi this is public mobile, we are sorry, your plan doesn't include talking.  If you want to change your plan to include talking go to ------"

@mikelukow  If that is the case and you have minutes left and you are sure you are not trying to call an invalid or an US area code then you should submit a ticket to Public Mobile as they might have to reset your account.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

mikelukow

My plan usage shows 100 mins to start, 20 used 80 remaining.  Almost no data used.

@mikelukow wrote:

I have lots of time left.

Are you on a limited plan? In usage history, a 10  second call will count as 1 minute. Calls are rounded up to the nearest minute.

Can you post an image of your plan without personal info? Something like this:

plan2.jpg

mikelukow

It says something to the effect of "Hi this is public mobile, we are sorry, your plan doesn't include talking.  If you want to change your plan to include talking go to ------"

mikelukow

I have lots of time left.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@mikelukow  try dialing a 1 in front of the number. Thanks. And restart your phone, turn it off,  wait 30 seconds and restart it.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@mikelukow wrote:

Suddenly when I try to place a call my phone tells me I don't have talk available in my service.  I have time left on this month and everything is up to date.

If you find you've used up your calling minutes...consider getting the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on. Those minutes will stay on your account until you've used them up.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mikelukow wrote:

@mikelukow  Make sure you are calling the correct number. What is the exact message you are getting?

[Solution highlighted ....... Luddite]

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@mikelukow wrote:

Are you on the $15 plan. If so check self service to see if you have used up your outgoing minutes.

Need Help? Let's chat.