cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablet plan

Jerelo22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a phone plan but I’d like to have some data on a tablet. Is it possible for me to get a second SIM for the tablet and then just buy a 1 Gb add-on? I don’t want any regular plan because the tablet can’t make use of voice, just need a data add-on. Is that allowed?

9 REPLIES 9

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jerelo22 wrote:

I have a phone plan but I’d like to have some data on a tablet. Is it possible for me to get a second SIM for the tablet and then just buy a 1 Gb add-on? I don’t want any regular plan because the tablet can’t make use of voice, just need a data add-on. Is that allowed?

I'm still trying to figure out why you wouldn't just use wifi. You have a phone. Probably with data...seems everybody has data. You could use the hotspot feature from your phone and you're done.

Or any of the multitude of wifi connections out there in the wild.

Or your home wifi with your home internet service that you probably have for online streaming of content.

There could potentially be 2 issue with using Wi-Fi hotspot.  One would be battery drain, and the other is that I suspect the OP would like to have two different people use both devices at the same time while possibily at different locations.

I didn't pick up on the "two different people" idea from the OP.

Battery drain...don't care...leave the phone and tablet connected to any number of ways to provide power if that's a concern.

I used to use hotspot a lot. You just have to be aware of the battery level. Not a problem. We all are.

Jerelo didn't say anything about needing the data for 2 different people, but that's what I'm guessing.  But yes, both devices needing to be in the same place could be the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jerelo22 wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out why you wouldn't just use wifi. You have a phone. Probably with data...seems everybody has data. You could use the hotspot feature from your phone and you're done.

Or your home wifi with your home internet service that you probably have for online streaming of content.

There could potentially be 2 issue with using Wi-Fi hotspot.  One would be battery drain, and the other is that I suspect the OP would like to have two different people use both devices at the same time while possibily at different locations.

I didn't pick up on the "two different people" idea from the OP.

Battery drain...don't care...leave the phone and tablet connected to any number of ways to provide power if that's a concern.

I used to use hotspot a lot. You just have to be aware of the battery level. Not a problem. We all are.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jerelo22 wrote:

There could potentially be 2 issue with using Wi-Fi hotspot.  One would be battery drain, and the other is that I suspect the OP would like to have two different people use both devices at the same time while possibily being located at different locations.

@Jerelo22 wrote:

As said earlier, to use different devices, you wouldn't be allowed to have two active sim cards for one account.   You would have to move the sim card back and forth , and you would only be able to use one of the devices at a time.  Public Mobile doesn't have "share" type plans. 

If you want two usable sim cards, you'd have to purchase a second plan/open a second account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jerelo22 wrote:

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jerelo22 wrote:

So can you confirm data add on is only available with a plan. In other words can you purchase an add on by itself, without any plan?

You need a plan to purchase add-on.

Jerelo22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So can you confirm data add on is only available with a plan. In other words can you purchase an add on by itself, without any plan?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I believe kood offers atablet plan if you have another line with them.  also "mans best friend" brand has/had a decent tablet plan 3gb for 15$ (or soemthing similar)

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Jerelo22 wrote:

Each sim is a seperate account and for a data only plan really not cost effective for a tablet  it is like $20 for 250gb or $30 for 1GB

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.