cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T-Mobile Refurbished Galaxy S7

omar2133
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just bought a refurbished T-mobile Galaxy S7 due to my Rogers S6 Edge getting water damaged and the one thing i've noticed is I'm getting less reception, in my office the reception was already poor was getting 2 bars with the old phone but now it looks like I'm lucky if I get service at all. Is there anything I can do to change frequencies or anything like that?

Please and Thank You

4 REPLIES 4

Ericbornstein1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a new T-mobile  US Galaxy S7 and the reception is worse than my S6 edge. It has been noted on the net. There does not seem to be anyway to improve it. Nice to improve features but to reduce the signal on a new model does not make sense. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Using the information from the site willmyphonework, I did a comparison of the two phones in question.  The S6 edge had one extra band that the S7 does not for LTE, namely B17-700 Mhz.  700 Mhz if available in an area is advantages for indoor reception as the low frequency pentrates walls much better than higher frequencies.  This might explain the difference in reception performance.

omar2133
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Actually referring to the cell reception in itself, the reception was poor in the beginning with my old phone but now its intermittently changing between no service and PM reception.

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @omar2133,

When you are saying you are getting poor signal, is this LTE or 3G? If it is LTE signal that you're referring to, you may be able to force your phone to use only 3G network but if it is 3G signal that you're referring to, unfortunately, as far as I know, I don't think there is anything you can do about it...

Need Help? Let's chat.