cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching phones

Colin71
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How easy is it to switch phones? I am currently using a iPhone 5C and wish to switch to an iPhone 7 which I used on a different service provider. Phones are unlocked so is it as simple as switching the Public SIM from the iPhone 5C to the iPhone 7? Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Colin71 wrote:

How easy is it to switch phones? I am currently using a iPhone 5C and wish to switch to an iPhone 7 which I used on a different service provider. Phones are unlocked so is it as simple as switching the Public SIM from the iPhone 5C to the iPhone 7? Thank you.

Hello @Colin71 ,

Yes, it is that simple. The SIM card is what is attached to your phone number and Public Mobile account.

Since these 2 phones have the same sized SIM slot simply remove from the old phone and insert it into the new phone.

After inserting into the new phone, do a Reset of your Network Setting on the iphone 7.

@Colin71 wrote:

You can just put your SIM card into your new phone. You do not need to tell Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.