cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Virgin Mobile issue

CountryAppleK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I tried to switch from Virgin Mobile to Public Mobile yesterday and everything was set up properly, but the account number to port my number from Virgin to Public was not entered correctly.  I cannot call, text, or use data that I paid for on Public Mobile.

I was wondering if there was any way to fix this. I also cannot log in to my Public account, it says that my email address is not verified. I have not received any email from Public to verify the account. 

I went in to Walmart and they couldn't fix it on their end.

4 REPLIES 4

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@CountryAppleK, I am surprised Walmart says they cannot help.  If the account set up and porting is not working, Walmart has telephone access to the tech support.  The people working the counter must be new to the process.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Does it say you are connected to the PM network on your phone? or no service?

If it is no service, that meant your phone is still locked to Virgin.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@johnny142 this doens't sound like (exclusively) a porting issue, since none of the services are working.

@CountryAppleK did you buy your phone from Virgin, prior to Dec 2017?  If so, it's probably locked to Virgin and you need to contact them to unlock it for you.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

johnny142
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good Morning

Looks like your port over  didn't quite work out.

You may want to Private message the MODs with your personal account information as they will need this in order to help.

they will get back to you! I’m sure it’s frustrating being in limbo! 

Good luck, I know the MODs will work hard to get you going, untill then you could try using your virgin SIM card.

hope the rest of your day goes better!

Need Help? Let's chat.