cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Switching from Samsung to iPhone 3gs

@makkahn28 I wasn't aware of that. Is it a PM rule? Because it worked with many other providers.

Highlighted

@Luddite I checked that thread before starting this one.

I honestly could live without a cell phone but the world won't let me Smiley Happy

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Don't mind m28 as you can get data to work on i3gs! Just...

Don't mind m28 as you can get data to work on i3gs! Just requires using an APN editing website. The only caveat is that it will make  MMS unusable.

Mayor / Maire

@DK, I remember reading that if iPhone is not using latest is or firmware thing, data won't function, as I remember the multiple posts from ages past on that. Also, iPhone 3 and 4 to a degree are kinda ol and not too much support as opposed to iPhone 5 and now 6

You could try installing the applicable APN settings from unlockit.co.nz with safari on your iphone viaa wifi hotspot or other wifi connection. 

I just switched my iphone 5s runninng IOS 7 and could not manually enter proper network settings to get public mobile network to work.  I had to connect to a wifi, then visit unlockit.co.nz to install the APN provisions for my phone.  It's free btw.

I think the maximum supported ios for the 3gs is ios 6.16

Mayor / Maire

@DanZap while it's nice of you to weigh in with some helpful suggestions here, please note that you've replied to a thread that's been dormant for just over 3 years, last active in Dec 2015.  I don't think anyone on this thread is still waiting for help, I'm pretty sure they've got it sorted out by now, or moved on to other things.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.