cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to Verizon unlocked, having issues

Goingbuddha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Greetings:  When I smashed my Galaxy S5, my wife bought a S6 online, from a Best Buy seller.  The phone arrived, and while it's unlocked, and I've put in the APN information.  I can not access my voicemail.  When I attempt to do so I get what I assume is a default Verizon message telling me that I do not have a long-distance plan.  I get this if I use *86 (Verizon) or by holding the '1' key, which I had done before for the S5 with Public.   Is there a way to re-setup my voicemail?  Perhaps the phone is trying to access the old Verizon msg system.  

Thank in advance for any help.

11 REPLIES 11

Goingbuddha

Firstly, I would like to thank all who responded.  I really appreciate the assistance offered through this community.   My only remaining issue is that my phone will not allow me to make long-distance calls.  When I try to call, say, my mother, who's about 45 minutes away, it tells me that I don't have a plan for long distance phone calls.

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi Goingbuddha,

If you need further help, you can register a ticket through SIMon, our virutal assistant and we will take a look into your situation!

Regards,

Ciprian

PM Mod Team.

Are moderators able to advise customers how to to deal with Verizon device software issues or with running ODIN to install a different ROM?  Most carriers won't touch such topics as they aren't service related.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi Goingbuddha,

If you need further help, you can register a ticket through SIMon, our virutal assistant and we will take a look into your situation!

Regards,

Ciprian

PM Mod Team.

@GoingbuddhaTo remove the bloatware you will need to flash your phone with stock Galaxy ROM, even then the logo during bootup will still stick around. It is best to refer to XDA developer website for info.

@Goingbuddha no problem!  Welcome to the community 

Goingbuddha

Thank you, again.  I had just found that information on Google.   Now all I need to do is find a way to clear some of the bloatware left by Verizon.   

I appreciate the attention.   

Take care.

@Goingbuddha can you click on phone,  then go in the settings and go towards the bottom to voicemail number and see if you can edit it

Goingbuddha

I rebooted the phone, when the sim card was installed.  I then rebooted it again, after making sure the APN settings were right for the S6.   I have to admit, I'm getting on in years and not as technically proficient as I was in my youth.   I'm older than the internet.

Thanks again for trying.

@Goingbuddha im sure you can but I'm not sure how. Maybe in phone settings?  Did you try restarting the phone after the Sim card was put in to see if it will fix itself 

Goingbuddha

Thank you, sir.  I was able to access my messages.  Next question, is it possible to setup the phone to call that number when I hold the '1' key?

Cheers

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Goingbuddha try calling 902 580 4001  that's the voicemail for Nova Scotia. Yours would be your area code and 580 4001

Need Help? Let's chat.