cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched from iPhone 6S+ to iPhone 13 Max and texting not working...

dumonte
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I migrated my phone yesterday from my old iPhone 6S+ to a new iPhone 13 Max and I can receive calls and call out... but can't seem to properly send or receive texts. I've been testing with by calling and texting my work cell which is an iPhone 6S (non-plus). Tried googling and searching for answers... but haven't found one that is specific to my issue. Thanks for checking out my message and for your time.

7 REPLIES 7

dumonte

Looks like 2FA text worked from my bank... must've been another issue. Thanks all.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dumonte 

so for your old device is everything working fine, or that issue is it only with iphone 13 Max , 

if you can test your SIM card back in old device to found where they issue 

maybe is issue with new device iphone 13 Max defective, or is they issue from SIM card 

network and you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent , and Explain your issue to they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you,

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@dumonte  cannot send and receive text... you are using iMessage? 

Turn on both phones first.  Have both phones connect to Wifi.  

Have you friend message you once or twice

See which phones (6S+ or 13Max) got the text.

There is a chance that the message still delivering to your old phone

(no worry.. we can try to help, worst case, it's something Apple store can help you easily) 

dumonte

Tried iMessage it worked... then tried forcing SMS... and then figured out I needed to add in the whole area code as well into the number... that seems to have worked... so that might've been my issue. Though I wasn't able to received 2FA SMS messages from Google yesterday so not sure if that is a different issue... I'll have to try one of my banks and see if I receive the SMS for 2FA from them. If not... that might be a separate issue? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dumonte 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and you can try to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

for iphone  go to Settings > Messages > To turn iMessage on or off, 

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet wifi is on is not going through the Picture or a video Messaging, 

you have to do this to is going through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video Messaging in world-wide,

make sure your Data is on.

or can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

dumonte

Thanks for your response. Answers to questions below.

1) Restarted a couple of times already. Just did so again now and still not working.

2) This is just me sending straight text... "Testing", "Testing 2", "hello" and not working. Able to make calls to the test phone I'm testing with (my work cell) and able to receive calls.

3) Was using the same sim on the iPhone 6S+ I just switched from so for sure a regular SMS is allowed and was working yesterday on that old phone

4) Not trying to send MMS

5) My new phone has double the capacity of my old phone and I literally just got it yesterday... checking storage I've used 91.9GB of 256GB... so storage isn't an issue.

6) The phone or contact are both my own numbers (personal and work cell) tested calling so know the numbers are correct.

Any more suggestions? Is the iPhone 13 Max too new for Public Mobile?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try these steps first

1. Restart your device:
  2. Check your network connection. To send a message as iMessage or MMS, you need a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection. To send an SMS message, you need cellular network connection. If you turn on Wi-Fi Calling, you can send SMS messages over Wi-Fi.
  3. Check with your carrier to see if the type of message you’re trying to send, like MMS or SMS, is supported.
  4. If you’re trying to send group MMS messages on an iPhone, go to Settings > Messages and turn on MMS Messaging. If you don't see an option to turn on MMS Messaging or Group Messaging on your iPhone, then your carrier might not support this feature.
  5. Make sure that your device has enough space to receive images and videos.
  6. Make sure that you entered the correct phone number or email address for the contact.
Need Help? Let's chat.