cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

Strange phone pop up today.

Hey PM Community,

I was using my wifes phone today and I was going to make a call, but just before a strange message popped up.

It said click wireless service you would like: and it had Bell, Rogers, Telus with the Wifii symbol. The public mo ile symbol was no longer scrolling in the top left.

I closed the pop up and made a call and it rang through. 

My question is, has anyone experienced this before? i have never expeiwmced this in my mobility life time so 2002. 

And secondly should I just ignore it.

I tried asking the help bot, and I also asked in the community help bar and couldnt find anything specific to this. 

thank you in advance for the help. 

Accepted Solutions
gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

Re: Strange phone pop up today.

@Naepalm when it's looking for a service to connect too, it will do that. yes ignore it. and if it keeps happening, just reset your network settings

View solution in original post

All Replies
Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Do you have a dual sim phone ?  With dual sims, you need to select which sim to use when calling.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Triguy my wifes phone is an iPhone XR. She only had one SIM in the phone. It didnt show up as I was dialing just when I opened her phone it popped up. 

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@Naepalm when it's looking for a service to connect too, it will do that. yes ignore it. and if it keeps happening, just reset your network settings

View solution in original post

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Naepalm this has never happened to me. Check the network provider list. To prevent the message, you may have to manually select PM as your network. 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Naepalm wrote:

Hey PM Community,

I was using my wifes phone today and I was going to make a call, but just before a strange message popped up.

It said click wireless service you would like: and it had Bell, Rogers, Telus with the Wifii symbol. The public mo ile symbol was no longer scrolling in the top left.

I closed the pop up and made a call and it rang through. 

My question is, has anyone experienced this before? i have never expeiwmced this in my mobility life time so 2002. 

And secondly should I just ignore it.

I tried asking the help bot, and I also asked in the community help bar and couldnt find anything specific to this. 

thank you in advance for the help. 

Pop up as in a text with a URL to click? Don’t click, don’t open, block number, delete text. 

Pop up as from a browser because phone was connected to data or wifi? 

Don’t click, don’t open, block number, delete browser history and cookies. 

How did it arrive on phone? 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk when I opened the phone it came up like almost like an opeating system notification. It was really strange, I had never seen this before ever. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@gblackma yeah me either like since I have had a phone ever. Ill check network settings. What was weird was I was onviously on publics network because the call went through fine. 

so strange. 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Naepalm wrote:

@LurganIeUk when I opened the phone it came up like almost like an opeating system notification. It was really strange, I had never seen this before ever. 

Can I suggest....Google the symptom and your phone model and see if there are common issues. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@gblackma I checked her phone the settings are set to automatic for network and her iPhone doesnt have set public to default  but it does say autmatically connects to public. But yeah all good for now. 

Need Help? Let's chat.