cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange lock screen

Mountainmaxman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I’m helping a friend get signed up and she gets this message. Anyone seen it before

0CB78721-54F2-4904-AD12-61DC4D4A835B.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Your phone was locked by the previous service provider.  In this case, you have 2 options: - ask the previous provider to unlock your phone - if they are unwilling/cannot, cause your not a customer anymore & there's no way to establish you're the owner of that phone..... you can try an instore/online unlocking service (I've previously used various ebay resellers to unlock my phones ~$5 or less).

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Mountainmaxman  Your phone might be locked to the previous provider. You must get the Network Unlock PUK code from your previous provider.
If your phone is a Samsung you might be able to get an unlock code from the Samsung website via a chat
To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

Hope this helps!

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

I’m helping a friend get signed up and she gets this message. Anyone seen it before

@Mountainmaxman 

Some good info from cappaj from his S7 and the messages he got.

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."
- This is asking for Samsung's "master code" - I got this after entering the wrong code for the message below too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

0CB78721-54F2-4904-AD12-61DC4D4A835B.jpeg

Someone was trying to unlock it before and guessed at unlocking code.  It is now blocked so it can't be unlocked until it gets reset. You need master unlock code. Contact Samsung.  You will also need unlock code to use the phone. Samsung or old carrier can provide.

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

Her phone is locked to the previous carrier. She will need to ask the previous carrier for the unlock code.

Edit: I think @cavemantoronto is right. Didn't read the message carefully the first time.

Need Help? Let's chat.