cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen phone

Davejon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My pm phone was stolen and the thief is using the phone. I’d like moderator help to shut the phone down.

thanks.

16 REPLIES 16

@CFPartDeux wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

I have managed to recover the bf's lost phone three times by sending a text offering a reward  on a reluctant "finder" who was not actually using the phone

😮  I've said something similar before, and I'll say it again...... this guy needs to have his phone duct taped to his hand, or SOMETHING, to keep his phones from constantly disappearing! 🙄

@CFPartDeux @darlicious It's not like it hasn't been done before....

hands-free-and-nostril-free.jpg

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

I have managed to recover the bf's lost phone three times by sending a text offering a reward  on a reluctant "finder" who was not actually using the phone

😮  I've said something similar before, and I'll say it again...... this guy needs to have his phone duct taped to his hand, or SOMETHING, to keep his phones from constantly disappearing! 🙄

Davejon

I got it all set up! Thanks for your help I appreciate it! Dunkman is the best man! 

@Davejon wrote:

When I go to set up a self service account, it asks for my pm number to send a text to the pm phone. The problem here is the phone is in the hands of a thief. Can I put a number other than the pm number in the self service set-up? 
Thanks 

@Davejon 

Did you set up your self service account before?  

What you are trying to do is to initially set up account.  

When you first activated your SIM card, did you activate at home, online?  or in a store?  If at home, you would have automatically set up your self service account.  If in store, you would need to return home and set up the account as you are trying to do now.  

Davejon

When I go to set up a self service account, it asks for my pm number to send a text to the pm phone. The problem here is the phone is in the hands of a thief. Can I put a number other than the pm number in the self service set-up? 
Thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Davejon : Upper right "My Account". Did you get set up in a store or did you do it yourself?

Davejon

Where do you find the self serve log in menu? I keep getting the chat icon. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Davejon : Click on the bolded thread titles like your Re: Stolen phone. Then click on the subject line of each answer to read the whole thing. You can click on the ...more at the end of the couple preview lines too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Davejon wrote:

My pm phone has been stolen. The thief is now using the phone. I’d like help to cancel the phone service. 
Thanks Dave

Log in to your self-serve and use the Lost/stolen function to Suspend your service. Then acquire a new SIM and use the Change SIM function to switch over to that SIM and then back to the Lost/stolen function to Resume the service.

Edit: oh. another thread. I did think "another one??!!"

Davejon

My pm phone has been stolen. The thief is now using the phone. I’d like help to cancel the phone service. 
Thanks Dave

@Davejon 

I take it that the "thief"is not interested in a substantial "reward" for the safe return of your phone?

I have managed to recover the bf's lost phone three times by sending a text offering a reward  on a reluctant "finder" who was not actually using the phone (damaged when lost) but the sim card. The other two times calling the phone produced good samaritans who refused a reward.

If it truly is a thief you can do some sleuthing by checking out the numbers called or texted. You can resume your service briefly to text a message or call to see if someone answers to offer a "reward" for its return. You can also leave a text with a contact number for you. Use the find your phone app during this time to get a decent lock on its location. If you call it and it goes straight to voicemail you know the phone is either powered off or the battery is dead. Suspend your service once you finish trying to make contact.

If someone calls you or picks up your call always remain polite and grateful and never let on you think they are a thief. A good samaritan will not question a meeting place in front of a police station or somewhere with a lot of surveilence cameras nor the amount of any reward. Whereas a thief will be extra cautious and will want the reward to be more than the black market resale value of the phone ( maybe 10-20% of its actual value.) Report the phone stolen online with your local police service. Bring back up if you agree to meet someone and remember it is perfectly legal to steal back your stolen property. Good luck!

BTW....you can still access your voicemail while suspended. Call your phone number and once it goes to voicemail just press * when it connects and enter your 4 digit pin #.

@Davejon wrote:

My pm phone was stolen and the thief is using the phone. I’d like moderator help to shut the phone down.

thanks.

Assuming that you ahve access to your account, a moderators does not need to be contacted unless you wish for the IMEI of the device to be added to the registry of lost/stolden devices at deviccheck.ca. 

Davejon

Ty I’ll try that now! 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Davejon 

In your self service account, you can report your phone stolen.  When you purchase a new phone and new SIM card, you can change your SIM card and then resume your service.

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab. 

You do not need moderator help directly.  

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Davejon wrote:

thanks.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

hi @Davejon 

Go onto your self-serve and report the phone lost/stolen.

It's under Plan and Add-Ons tab.

Need Help? Let's chat.