cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia C2104

Sherry1313
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I just activated a sim card, but neither the phone nor the internet works. I went through all steps.

I'm not sure about APN Protocol and APN roaming protocol which are both automatically set on (IPV4) by my phone.

What else might be wrong? Thanks in advance for help!

8 REPLIES 8

Excellent news!

Sherry1313

@sheytoon, Yes I bought it with a plan from freedom mobile. The issue was actually resolved. The sim card was not activated properly by PM and the phone number I had chosen had technical problems... I changed the number and PM solved the sim card's proble

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

@Sherry1313

Have you used this phone with any operator in Canada? Is this phone from India?

The Indian version does not support the 3G or 4G frequencies required by any Canadian operator. It would only work on Rogers 2G, which is basically unusable for data.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Sherry1313 Xperia L C2104 correct? Website “willmyphonework” says it will work on 3G  network but not LTE. So you should be fine for calling, texting, and data. Suggest you send a private message to the moderator team with your SIM card number and an explanation. Sounds like your activation failed. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Sherry1313 do you another unlocked phone or a telus/koodo phone that you can try your PM I'm card in?

if you happen to be outside with have have your Sony phone on you, can you stop by a telus or koodo store and ask them to check if it works with their sim. If it does, it should work with PM sim. 

What carrier was this phone used with before?

I don't have access to all my resources right now, but there is a chance that it is a GSM only phone, which would work on the Rodgers network but not on the Telus network.

Sherry1313

@Mana, i guess so. When I inserted the public mobile sim sard, didn't ask for unlock code. 

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@Sherry1313, this is a stupid question but is the phone unlocked?

Need Help? Let's chat.