cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Contacts Not Being Registered by Sim Card

NerdAlert57
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Some of my older contacts transferred from my old phone are able to send and receive messages and calls from/to my new phone, however, no new contacts are able to, and many old contacts are still unable to send/receive messages and calls from/to me. Additionally, my mobile data will work perfectly fine at times, then will proceed to stop working entirely.

42 REPLIES 42

NerdAlert57

When I do that and press "call", the phone automatically sees that the number belongs to one of my contacts and displays the contact name during the call.

NerdAlert57

Yes, only a few of my old contacts actually can send/receive messages and calls to/from me, no new contacts so far have been able to send/receive messages to/from me. Unfortunately, I got this new phone because the A8 "died" and is unusable at this point so that wouldn't be an option.

Also, for those people you can reach them, can you try to manually put in the phone number (make sure you put a 1 in front of the 10 digits, like 1-519-123-4567) and see if it works.  (so, do not use contact lookup , try to really punch in the phone number and press call)

@NerdAlert57  On this new phone, you can successfully call and text some friends and only selected one not working? Or you are not able to calling and text ANYONE at all?

Similarly you can receiving incoming text and calls from some friends and only selected one not able to reach you?

If you put your PM SIM back to the old phone (Samsung A8) , would calling those "selected" one working again? 

If putting the SIM back to old  phone works, then it's a phone issue with your new phone.  You might want to do a factory reset and re-setup the phone and see how it goes.

NerdAlert57

The contacts were saved through google, I am pretty sure. Regardless, their phone numbers have not changed and therefore there should be no issue with contacting those numbers? Also, the chat features (for android) does not appear under that settings menu for me.

NerdAlert57

Text messages will go through on my end, but they will never receive them and same with them. If I try to call, either it will keep ringing or a message "mobile network not available" will appear, which is also a problem. There is no reason that mobile network should not be available where I am.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@NerdAlert57 wrote:

Some of my older contacts transferred from my old phone are able to send and receive messages and calls from/to my new phone, however, no new contacts are able to, and many old contacts are still unable to send/receive messages and calls from/to me. Additionally, my mobile data will work perfectly fine at times, then will proceed to stop working entirely.

Hello @NerdAlert57 

Contacts can be saved:

• on the phone device itself
  • the SIM card
  • outlook/gmail/apple contacts

So curious how those contacts you are having issues with were saved on your old phone?

If you are an Apple user...

Here's how to change the phone number on your iPhone.
  1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap Phone.
  3. Tap My Number.
  4. Use the delete button to remove the old number.
  5. Use the keypad to enter the new number.
  6. Tap Save.
  7. Restart the iPhone.

If you are android: Turn Off Chat Features

1. From a Home screen, tap Messages .
  2. Tap the Menu icon .
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Advanced.
  5. Tap Chat features.
  6. Tap Enable chat features to turn off 

"and many old contacts are still unable to send/receive messages and calls from/to me." 

@NerdAlert57  some of your friends cannot even receive voice calls from you?  when you call them , what do you get ? the phone just keep ringing? or a message saying calls cannot be completed?

if you friends just not able to receive text from you, it might be because of format of the text (RCS vs SMS), but if it is voice calls as well , it seems weird.

Anonymous
Not applicable

and please do you do what i say to you in my original posts, check it out.

and can you check your software update , if is up to date , is worng with your device 

i suggest you to do factory reset for your phone 

A master reset restores the original factory settings 

1. Back up data on the internal memory. If you have signed into a Google account on the device, you have activated Anti-theft and will need your Google credentials to finish the Master reset.
  2. From any Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Cloud and accounts.
  5. Tap Backup and restore.
  6. If desired, tap Back up my data to move the slider to ON or OFF.
  7. If desired, tap Restore to move the slider to ON or OFF.
  8. Tap the back key twice to return to the Settings menu, then tap General Management.
  9. Tap Reset.
  10. Tap Factory data reset.
  11. Tap Reset device.
  12. If you have screen lock turned on, enter your PIN or password.
  13. Tap Continue.
  14. Tap Delete all.

visit HERE , to you know how to do it and good luck.

NerdAlert57

Yes, a new phone within the last few weeks. The new phone is a Xiaomi Poco and the old phone was a Samsung A8.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@NerdAlert57  did you just got a new phone?  both your old and new phone were using PM before?  What type of phones are the new and old phones?  iPhone?  Android?  I wonder if it is an iMessage issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  HERE 

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click HERE

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visiting HERE.

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

Need Help? Let's chat.