cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S--S
Mayor / Maire

Re: Some Contacts Not Being Registered by Sim Card

@NerdAlert57 

please visit HERE  or  HERE  is will help you try it .

NerdAlert57
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I did a factory reset only to now realize that I cannot text anybody anymore or receive any text messages from anybody.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@NerdAlert57    let get more information now, get you make outgoing calls or receive incoming?

fujiyama
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Try to disable "Use VoLTE" under SIM card settings. Also check if you can see a "Use GSM alphabet" setting in your messaging app, disable that too.

(Message > settings > additional settings) 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@NerdAlert57 

After some research this seems to be not so much an issue with your contacts but a software issue that may have been compounded by the factory reset if you were then prompted to update to the latest version of your OS. What version of Android OS is now on your phone?

You have a calling issue. Try troubleshooting with the following for your calling...

1. As mentioned by @fujiyama disable volte. Settings>>network>>mobile network>>voLTE
  2. If you can make or recieve a call and you recieve silence turn speakerphone on/off.
  3. Turn wifi off. Does your call go thru? Can you recieve calls? 
  4. Turn wifi and mobile data off. Can you make and/or recieve calls?
  5. Force your phone to use 3G only. Can you make and/or recieve calls?

For your SMS issue.... which has been completely disabled by the factory reset is most likely due to your updated OS. Can you send/recieve MMS? Turn off chat features if possible. What is your messaging app? And your default messaging app? The easiest solution is first but it seems from reading many temporary work arounds is.....if it works?

1. You may be able to just change your default messaging app by choosing one better suited for your model of phone.
  2. Or others have suggested......The problem is existing only when the VOLTE service is enabled. Try to move on 3G only or just stop Volte under 4G and it will be ok. Unfortunately Xiaomi are using some specific technology for volte sms sending and the your network provider does not support it. The phone is trying to send SMS through SS7 instead of SIP protocol when VoLTE is enabled. I'm trying to find a hidden menu where I can eventually switch or choose a protocol but without success.
  3. Lastly there is.....My solution was to reflash the phone with the original global firmware version 12.0.8.0, before flashing an alternative OS. Now the phone receives SMS.

Otherwise all other solutions to fix both issues simutaneously involves another factory reset, going into your developers options and bootloading a custom ROM and eliminating bloatware....then I start lose track with all the tech talk. If that's your thing that you tackle that with maybe some help here but read up on it here....

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-miui-surya-xiaomi-eu-rom-for-poco-x3-nfc.4165247/page-2

Otherwise going that guy/gal at cell phone repair kiosk or shop that has the know how and expertise to perform this kind of tech magic for a fee may be the best choice.

NerdAlert57

New info here. I can text some people, and can receive texts from some people as well. These people vary and not everyone that receives my messages can reply, and I do not receive messages from everyone that gets my messages. I can freely call everyone I have tried so far, but when someone calls me, they get a voice saying that my number "does not exist". Maybe there was an issue from transferring my phone number to my new phone?

softech
Mayor / Maire

@NerdAlert57   thanks for providing the update.

Sound like a porting or activation issue. Have you open a ticket with the mod yet??  please do so if you have not done yet.

NerdAlert57

Not sure what you mean by opening a ticket with a mod. How would I go about that?

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Not sure a ticket with the PM Mods will accomplish anything since it seems like the problem is specific to the phone, not to the account or the network. Though I guess it doesn't hurt to try.

I'm guessing the problem has something to do with the particular "SIM Toolkit" options provided by the phone's software. Contacts can be stored in the phone flash or they can be stored in the SIM flash (or they can be stored on both), and they can be prioritized or locked/unlocked in a variety of different ways. It seems like every manufacturer, every model, and every Android OS variant reinvents a new spin on the same old wheel, there's no real standard and there's no real documentation for these features. But if you migrate your SIM card from one device to another then you can encounter problems.

The simplest solution - if you can't find some kind of software option which fixes it - is to write down all your contacts, then delete them all from the device and delete them all from the SIM, then input them all back from scratch. It's a chore, and it's overkill brute force instead of elegant and clever efficiency - but it will solve the problem.

Another solution would be to install a different app to manage your contacts, dialing, and SMS/MMS stuff. Like Signal SMS. This might magically gather all your contacts into one central software umbrella and make everything "just work" nicely. But it might also force dependency on that particular app (which may or may not work the same way on any future devices you'll use). It might even make things worse by making the user interface look and work seamlessly while making the contacts chaos under the hood into an even worse mess.

NerdAlert57

I just purchased this sim card so it hasn't been moved between any devices. I have only placed it in this current phone. I will try the contacts reset and get back to you.

Need Help? Let's chat.