cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Solved* No internet on Galaxy s9+

willdagr8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi!

Phone is not displaying lte/4g icon. Can only connect to wifi. Logged in to check my data allowance and i still have PLENTY. I checked the apn settings, then followed the steps to add one, no luck. I feel like this strted after the last sytem update  about a week ago. Any help appreciated!

20 REPLIES 20

Hernanson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Do hard reboot or removed a SIM card or put back and reboot 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@willdagr8 

Good news.

Looks like Dunkman on page 2 (default) hit it.

willdagr8

Issue resolved! Reset network settings, and lte came back! The asn advise is the first mentioned in the community, but this was much easier and more basic. Thank you again to everyone. SOCIAL DISTANCINGIS WORKING! DONT LET ANYONE TELL YOU OTHERWISE! 

@willdagr8  your mms port should be 80 and APN type should be at minimum "default,mms" no spaces. Thanks.

Port MMS: 80 and 

APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri,dun

willdagr8

Screenshot_20200329-111408_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20200329-111224_Settings.jpg

@willdagr8  is it okay now? Thanks. If not, you can check and change your APN settings. To check them Settings - Connections - Mobile networks - Access Point Names.Your APN  should look like this - 

Screenshot_20200323-162159.jpg

willdagr8

I did yes as per the apn guide on this forum. There was no success.

willdagr8

Please read this with the utmost sincerity:

I understand that this board is community of users. I appreciate all the help that other users are providing. I do not think it is inappropriate -or snarky- to point out when help/advise is not helpful. I have worked in customer service for two decades. I know tone can be lost in translation over text. Happy Sunday  everyone. I hope we all stay safe and healthy during this trying time.

@willdagr8 

You could try to put SIM card in another working phone.  To help determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem.  

Also, could try network reset.  

[Today's solution to this issue highlighted ........ Luddite]

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@willdagr8 wrote:

Hi!

Phone is not displaying lte/4g icon. Can only connect to wifi. Logged in to check my data allowance and i still have PLENTY. I checked the apn settings, then followed the steps to add one, no luck. I feel like this strted after the last sytem update  about a week ago. Any help appreciated!

Did you try this

https://www.helpforsmartphone.com/public/en/samsung/galaxy-s9/android-8-0/guides/22/Set-up-Internet-...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@willdagr8 

We're fellow customers just like you who are trying to help. Maybe cut the snark.

@willdagr8 

1. From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
     These instructions only apply to Standard mode and the default Home screen layout.
  2. Navigate: Settings > Connections > Data usage.
  3. Tap the Mobile data switch to turn on 

or off 

4. If prompted, tap Turn Off to confirm

willdagr8

This is not great advice.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@willdagr8 

Right. No MMS also means no data.

You did say something about a system update. That's not on Public Mobile.

Check your network connection. Look for LTE or WCDMA or HSDPA or UMTS or 4G or 3G.

It's almost certainly something in the APN.

willdagr8

Where can i check this?

@willdagr8  please check to see if you may have inadvertantly turned data off. If it is, enable it, restart your phone and try to surf and send mms. Thanks.

willdagr8

Literally everything this is working fine. 

Text messages are fine,but cant send or receive pictures. Local and long distance calls both sending and receiving works fine. Just no mobile internet. 

Also phone has been turned off and on. Phone has been set to airplane mode and then back. I am looking for the key to get the sim out, but seems like a network glitch to me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@willdagr8 

What all works...calls in/out, texts in/out, what about MMS?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@willdagr8  did your plan renew recently? Your service may not have reset properly, try these tricks to restart your phone service. You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $1 To your account and restart your phone .

If these tricks don't work contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)
Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen. The mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification in your email INBOX.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.  As a last resort you might need to do a factory reset.

Need Help? Let's chat.