cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snowbirds 2022

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Just saw this notice about VoLTE in USA: https://www.slashgear.com/t-mobile-volte-cut-off-date-old-phones-living-on-borrowed-time-23630420/

Phones that’ll need to be replaced to work after 2020 with T-Mobile:
• Sony Xperia Z2 and older
• Samsung Galaxy S6 and older
• LG G2 and older
• HTC One M8 and older
• Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and older
• Google Nexus 5 and older
• All BlackBerry before the Priv
• All iPhone devices before iPhone 6

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
5 REPLIES 5

lets volte up!

@softech wrote:

@computergeek541, just worry T-Mobile won't register a non-VoLTE device even don't I don't use voice and only use data

I added to my message above. An LTE connection will be required (for any service) when this changeover is complete. A VoLTE comaptible device will be required for phone calls.

@computergeek541 , just worry T-Mobile won't register a non-VoLTE device even don't I don't use voice and only use data

@softech wrote:
curious, is it those phone wont work on T-Mobile at all?

I usually bring an Old phone to US .. using T-Mobile SIM and use that old phone as hotspot. I don't really care about the voice. Would it still work?

It's a matter of voice service not working due to lack of VoLTE compatibility as some of these phones do have LTE (but aren't VoLTE-capable).  The HSPA network at T-Mobile will eventually be phased out. There will be no service on devices that can't connect to T-Mobile's LTE network at all.  A few months ago, there was some talk on the Koodo Community about this, specifically relating to a transition from voice over HSPA to VoLTE service in Manitoba.

softech
Oracle
Oracle
curious, is it those phone wont work on T-Mobile at all?

I usually bring an Old phone to US .. using T-Mobile SIM and use that old phone as hotspot. I don't really care about the voice. Would it still work?
Need Help? Let's chat.