cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim unlock pin

mcassiano
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My old phone just died. I put my sim card in other phone. To turn my public mobile service it asks for sim unlock pin.I can't remember mine. How can I get my public mobile service turned on. Or who do I contact to help. I need my phone turned on. 

8 REPLIES 8

@mcassiano wrote:

My old phone died my son factory reset his extra phone. I replaced with my sim card during setting up it asks for sim card unlock pin (puk I think ). I want to know how I can get one.

@mcassiano Unless you created a SIM PIN before putting your SIM into his phone, it is almost certain his phone is locked to a previous carrier. What is the make/model? Where was it originally purchased.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@mcassiano  can you take a picture and post it?

There's "Network unlock code" which is you need to contact old provider that you got the phone from to get the unlock code.

There's "sim unlock pin"..which is usually default to 1234 for most producers think maybe freedom is 0000

If you enter it wrong 3 times...it goes to PUK code which is when you have to contact Public Mobile moderators for that one..

So if you can post a picture we can tell you what you need to do.

@mcassiano wrote:

My old phone died my son factory reset his extra phone. I replaced with my sim card during setting up it asks for sim card unlock pin (puk I think ). I want to know how I can get one.

First of all, you need to be SURE what PIN it's asking for, so the underlined part above doesn't cut it..... you need to try it again, and write it down if you have to, to remember what it says.

Secondly, @Luddite  posted a VERY detailed message further up this page, giving you all the info you need, so I suggest you read that carefully.

Also, since this is your son's extra phone, which phone is it, and did it come from, and was used on, a different provider's service before now?

mcassiano

@mcassiano wrote:

How do I get a sim card unlock pin puk I think it's called from public mobile for my phone

@mcassiano 

As mentioned above, it depends on the exact message your phone displays. Help us help you by giving the exact wording of the message and type of phone you use.

mcassiano

How do I get a sim card unlock pin puk I think it's called from public mobile for my phone

@mcassiano The following should help delineate the various PIN messages that can occur:

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card.  This PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is on your SIM card. PM SIM cards do not require a PIN to activate.

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

• Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

• Only Public Mobile's moderators can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted by submitting a ticket at: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

• Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

What exactly is the message. Are you sure it is not "NETWORK UNLOCK PIN"?? That would mean you have to contact the provider the phone is from for the unlock code to unlock your phone 

Need Help? Let's chat.