cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim not registered

ListenLinda
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently changed my SIM card. The brand new one worked for about 2 hours then stopped and now says it’s unregistered. Unsure what to do, should I order a new card?

17 REPLIES 17

sophia779
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Well, There can be several reasons for the error mesage you are coming across on your phone

"Not Registered On Network"

Here I have mentioned few better ways to solve the "Sim Not Registered" on Android and hope that following those methods will solve the error.

Fix 1: Restart your device
Fix 2: Update your device
Fix 3: Updating your APN
Fix 4: Check out signal and the restart
Fix 5: Verify mobile network

There are mor solutions that you can find on: https://android-ios-data-recovery.com/fix-not-registered-on-network-error/

@ListenLinda wrote:

The number is entered correctly and it is definitely the SIM and not my phone. I put my husbands SIM in and the phone works great. 

@ListenLinda  Did you try the old sim to see if it works? If it still doesn't work then either try a new sim or wait for the moderator to troubleshoot.

@ListenLinda wrote:

The number is entered correctly and it is definitely the SIM and not my phone. I put my husbands SIM in and the phone works great. 

@ListenLinda  Did you try the old sim yo see if it works? If it still doesn't work the either try a new sim or wait for the moderator to troubleshoot,

ListenLinda

ListenLinda

Yes, I know this, I was switching my SIM regardless hence the new one... 

@ListenLinda wrote:

Yes, My phone broke and now using my old one. I couldn’t get the back off my phone and I had a brand new never opened sim, so I decided to use it in the meanwhile. 

So, you're using your old sim card after switching to the new one that you used in the meanwhile?  That new sim card isn't for temporary use. That is now the sim card for your service. The old sim card can never be used again.

@ListenLinda wrote:

I recently changed my SIM card. The brand new one worked for about 2 hours then stopped and now says it’s unregistered. Unsure what to do, should I order a new card?

Unreigistered sim card is usually an indication that a sim card is not active on the account or that the service has been cancelled.  

Is it at all possible that your husband removed the sim card from your old phone and put it into your new one without telling you?  That old sim card in your new phone would exhibit that type of unregistered sim card behavior.

Or is that your phone is saying something closer to "unable to register to network"?  That would be a different type of situation.

@ListenLinda wrote:

That’s was the first thing I did before taking out of the package.

@ListenLinda  Try restarting the phone to see if it connects to the network.

@ListenLinda wrote:

Oh sorry yes it has a tray, It’s a S7. I couldn’t get it out and had to wait for my husband it get home cause I have no patience. 

@ListenLinda  OK. Usually if you take the end of a paper clip and use it the tray will eject. A SIM unregistered error means that the new sim was not registered properly. To change SIMs you have to go online and select the change SIM option and enter the new SIM card number correctly. Please note that this will disable the current activated SIM card and you will not be able to use it again.

ListenLinda

That’s was the first thing I did before taking out of the package.

ListenLinda

Oh sorry yes it has a tray, It’s a S7. I couldn’t get it out and had to wait for my husband it get home cause I have no patience. 

@ListenLinda wrote:

Yes, My phone broke and now using my old one. I couldn’t get the back off my phone and I had a brand new never opened sim, so I decided to use it in the meanwhile. 

@ListenLinda  On the newer phones you don't have to remove the back to get access to your sim. There is a pinhole on the side that you push and the tray with the sim pops out. Are you sure the phone doesn't have the tray on the side?

@ListenLinda wrote:

Did you change the SIM number in your self-serve account after the switch?

ListenLinda

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ListenLinda wrote:

@ListenLinda  By changed sim card I'm assuning you changed your sim card via the selfserve option? Are you sure you are using the correct sim in your phone and not the old one?

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@ListenLinda wrote:

I would take it out and put it back. Or can you try it in a different phone to see if it's the sim or the phone?

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This can happen due to a loose sim card. Did you drop your phone recentley? You might want to double check that.

Do you have an Android? You can also check this link that may help.

https://www.recovery-android.com/sim/not-registered-on-network-error.html

Need Help? Let's chat.