cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim network pin blocked enter pin puk

tlwilliams20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just registered today with a public mobile SIM card but the phone wants a sim network pin puk need phone to work as soon as possible  what Do I do

12 REPLIES 12

simpatics

Hi. I had the same issue when I registered with Public Mobile from Fido. I was asked for a PIN to unlock the SIM card (SIM bought from Public Mobile).

I had to call Fido and they provided me the PIN.

Once unlocked the phone, you have to set-up the network with an ASPN in your phone settings, depending on your phone model. Search the Community for your model and settings.

Good luck!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tlwilliams20 wrote:

Just registered today with a public mobile SIM card but the phone wants a sim network pin puk need phone to work as soon as possible  what Do I do

If it's a network unlock code then your phone is locked to the previous provider. You need to get that from the previous provider.

@tlwilliams20 wrote:

If I don’t know who it was with how do I do this

If it's a Samsung phone apperantly you can get the unlock code from their website. If you have an Android phone try the Settings --> Network & Internet --> Mobile Network and see if the previous provider is listed there.

emad
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Your phone looks to be locked to another provider, have you tried the SIM in another phone?

@tlwilliams20 wrote:

You can find out which carrier your phone is locked to by inserting sim cards from different carriers until you find one that doesn't cause yoru phone to ask for an unlock code.  You can also look for clues in the phone's software such a carrier branded apps in the app drawer.  In the phone's "about" menus, the name of the software version can also sometimes gives clues.

tlwilliams20

@tlwilliams20 wrote:

This is not something that Public Mobile's moderators can provide for you.

When an Android phone asks for the sim network puk code, it is telling you that the phone is locked to another carrier, and also that someone already tried to already unsuccessfully unlock the phone numerous times.

This means that your phone is locked to another carrier.  It is not the PUK of the sim card that your phone is asking for.

Only the old carrier, the phone's manufactuer, or an unlock code reseller can provide the sim network unlock puk.  This will be needed before the sim network unlock pin can be used.  It is this second code that will unlock the phone so that you can use it at Public Mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tlwilliams20 wrote:

Or...your phone might be locked to a previous provider. For a Canadian phone and provider they have to provide that to you for free.

If maybe it's a Samsung phone then they might be able to get that for you as well.

tlwilliams20

Thank you

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@tlwilliams20 wrote:

If your sim is blocked and ask for a puk you need to reach the moderator here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and ask them. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tlwilliams20 

A Personal Unlocking Key, or PUK code, allows you to reset your SIM card’s PIN number, after you’ve entered an incorrect PIN three times. To get your PUK code, you will need to contact the Public Mobile Community Moderator Team here. You will need to create and/or be logged in to your Community account for this link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.