cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card.

roggercole
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello I have a Public Mobile Sim card which has been activated but when I put it into the cell phone the screen says "No SIM inserted" and of course the phone will not work. I tried to clean the gold on the Sim card with rubbing alcohol but that did not help.

Any ideas, suggestions out there? Thank you if you do reply. Rogger

3 REPLIES 3

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It could be something wrong with the SIM. I world restart the device and then go into airplane mode for 40 seconds. If you’re on android, then go to setting and look for more networks, which will be under the connections section. Next, tap on mobile networks, then tap on network mode. You will get a pop-up menu with the different options that you can choose. Make sure that you select the first option, which says LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect). If that doesn’t work, then go to more networks and then go to mobile networks and choose network operators. make sure the right one is selected. The very last resort is to factory reset the phone. Before nuking it, you can always visit a cell phone kiosk that sells PM SIM cards to either check it and activate it or give you a new one.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have another phone then try swapping the sim.  Check your self serve account to make it is active.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@roggercole Does the sim work in a different phone? Are you new to Public Mobile? If so, is your phone unlocked? Is it compatible with PM?

Need Help? Let's chat.